Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a knit pattern! Size 16 3/4 sleeve cardigan/ jacket, DK or chunky

(2 Posts)
faraday Sat 04-Jul-09 10:18:42

Have searched high and low!

A local cheapy store sells 200g balls of DK or 300g of chunky well, cheaply! It's multi-hued so the pattern wouldn't need any 'knitted in patterns'.

I want a straight line (no gathering at the lower hem), non-'cuffed' arms; either a rounded collar or a shawl collar, fastened with perhaps one large feature button.

Sainsbury's Tu range had similar over the past winter but not in the colours I liked!

Finally- how much yarn would I need? No idea! I won't be knitting it as I'm rubbish at it.

Any help happily received!

gigglinggoblin Sat 04-Jul-09 17:50:32

this is a fantastic book, it gives all kinds of styles and sizes, you can mix and match collars etc. You might need a bit of experience to understand it but I managed to order it from the library so its worth a look. It will tell you how much yarn you need in the book, dk and chunky will require different amounts. They might be willing to take the extra yarn back if you ask before you buy, you dont want to not buy enough and end up with the last bit in a slightly different colour (yes I have done that)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now