Talk

Advanced search

I want to make something to embellish my bag - but what and how??!?!

(6 Posts)
Helium Sat 27-Jun-09 20:31:23

Ive just bought a lovely grey bag - but want to tie or add something to it to add a bit of creative umph (sorry dont know how to spell j ne sais quoi?!?!!?!)

Any ideas? The best I can think of is either some sort of tassle or a firendship type bracelt thing.. - neither of which I have made for at least 15 years!!!

curlygal Sat 27-Jun-09 20:38:22

There was a thing in a magazine I was looking at the other day that involved beads threaded on safety pins - you could try that? Or just buy a nice keyring and attach that?

cornsilk Sat 27-Jun-09 20:40:42

Nooo! It'll look like one of those horrid creations that Gok churns out.

snickersnack Sun 28-Jun-09 10:48:22

I had a very boring grey fabric bag (quite big) that I once took on a plane journey. Was worried that I wouldn't notice it on the carousel so tied a cheap-ish (fake) silk scarf to the handle. I think it came free with a magazine. Lots of people commented on how stylish it looked hmm. Debatable, I think, but maybe that's the way to go.

Helium Sun 28-Jun-09 21:54:46

THanks = yes considering that - but the scarf I have in mind is too gorgeous!!

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 08-Jul-09 14:52:15

i recently made a large crochet brooch using thrifted supplies SEE HERE i have blogged photo's and a mini tutorial. I think it would look great on a plain bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now