Talk

Advanced search

How to make a knitted teddy - for complete beginners age 7 and 9.

(6 Posts)
pepsi Sun 21-Jun-09 21:13:56

When I was in primary school I remember knitting a teddy bear, it was really easy and I seem to remember and you had to need various different sized rectangles, stuff and sew together. Ive looked online for some instructions on sizes and pictures but all the teddies I can find are lovely but a bit to advanced. I can just about knit, but find the patterns complicated, plus I dont want to have to buy lots of different size needs and only have basic cheap wool. Any ideas on anything else we could make appreciated. Thanks.

oopsacoconut Sun 21-Jun-09 21:22:53

Hi We made basic teddies buy knitting the legs as: 10 stiches and 20 rows each, the body was 20 stiches and 40 rows the arms were 15 stiches and 10 rows each and his head was 10 stiches and 10 rows. it made a smallish teddy but I was working with 8 year olds and time was short. The legs were knitted one at a time then knitted to the body then we added stiches each side to make the arms and cast off for head but that was with the more able one for the rest we made the squares and sewed them together.

pepsi Sun 21-Jun-09 21:30:52

ThanksX

pepsi Sun 21-Jun-09 21:30:54

ThanksX

DutchOma Thu 25-Jun-09 09:27:27

I can send you the pattern of a very basic teddy, knitted almost in one piece, with little foot pads to be sewn in at the bottom.
Let me know an address and I will send it.

TwoIfBySea Mon 29-Jun-09 20:53:43

If you wanted to Pepsi there is also little soft toys to be made by simply cutting up and sewing together old socks! I make mostly the dogs but I do have the pattern for tiger and monkey too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now