Talk

Advanced search

salt dough ideas for DS to make?

(3 Posts)
hereidrawtheline Fri 19-Jun-09 09:07:19

I want to do salt dough with DS today - he is just over a month shy of 3. Will inevitably involve an offering for DH for Fathers Day!!! What kind of shapes/models/things etc shall we try to make?

MaryMotherOfGod Fri 19-Jun-09 19:12:44

bump

hereidrawtheline Fri 19-Jun-09 19:35:27

thank you but I had a brainwave and we did the best thing ever!!!!

Ok got a big gingerbread man cookie cutter and a big lady one too (me and DH) then a little boy one - I had all these from a xmas set. We made the salt dough - he could do it all on his own and he loved it. Then he cut the 3 people out. Then I made 2 cat shapes - I felt doing all 10 of our animals was excessive and really our cats are the real members of the family whereas the others are more like pets - so anyway we had all 5 figures then I skewered them each through horizontally - on the people it was through the arm bit - and then baked them. (They are still baking)

Tomorrow we are going to paint them with watered down paint with glitter in them, then varnish. Then I am going to string them through making a knot between each character to make a family garland!!!

And hiding it from DH (in the oven - painting tomorrow etc) would be impossible with chatty DS so we have shown them to him tonight and he loves them!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now