Talk

Advanced search

Airfix stickers- how do they work then?

(7 Posts)
redclover79 Wed 17-Jun-09 20:08:56

DP and DS1 have finally finished building their airfix model and DS1 wants to put on the stickers but they are not sticky-backed ones and I can't figure them out. No instructions I can find on how they work, they look like they might be some sort of transfer but the text is not reversed. Can anyone shed any light on it?

purepurple Wed 17-Jun-09 20:22:51

it's been a while but I think you have to soak them in water for a minute or two and then put them on the model

purepurple Wed 17-Jun-09 20:22:57

it's been a while but I think you have to soak them in water for a minute or two and then put them on the model

purepurple Wed 17-Jun-09 20:23:13

ABetaDad Wed 17-Jun-09 20:23:30

Thinking back 35 years, as I recall you get a saucer of water and drop the paper in it with the transfers on and then lift it out and gently peel the stickers off once they start to lift off the paper (with tweeezer if they are really small).

There is water soluble glue on the back of each transfer like a stamp. Very fiddly so DP/DS may need a steady hand who is good with tweezers.

Were you planning doing anything else tonight? grin

purepurple Wed 17-Jun-09 20:24:06

oh bum holes
dodgy laptop grin

redclover79 Wed 17-Jun-09 22:54:45

Are you sure purepurple? grin
ABetaDad - I've already been drafted in for fiddly bits of string duty, don't think I could handle tweezers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now