Talk

Advanced search

Craft items in Central London - where do I shop?

(4 Posts)
daisy99divine Fri 12-Jun-09 14:12:25

I'm looking for paper craft items in Central London - John Lewis bit limited and pricey. Any other suggestions? Searched threads but didn't find anything - sorry if it's been asked before!

thumbwitch Fri 12-Jun-09 23:33:17

hi daisy - I remember there being a couple of nice arty shops in Long Acre, Covent Garden, so have this link for you which might be useful. St Martin in the Fields Art college is round there. Not sure if they're the right sort of thing, but they might be?

MadBadandDangerousToKnow Tue 16-Jun-09 13:09:43

Have decided to crash this thread.

[nosy artistic and creative emoticon]

Is this for DaisyBoy's birthday party? I haven't been, but I wonder whether the Covent Garden shops might lean more towards the hand-made Japanese paper end of the market and might possibly be a little de trop for infants, but then I am very mean and do not entrust MBB with my treasured art stuff. [bad mother emoticon]

If you don't want to troll around the shops (although Covent Garden is a good place to troll [disclaimer: not in the MN sense]), then Baker Ross has lots of crafty stuff for small children. These door hangers went down a storm when MBB was three or four. Sticking the googly eyes on needs a bit of adult supervision, but the results can be endearingly Picasso-like in a two-eyes-adjacent-to-an-ear kind of way.

blithedance Tue 16-Jun-09 13:18:01

Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road any good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now