Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

activities for a crafty party for 7yo girls?

(17 Posts)
jura Tue 10-May-05 12:58:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MarsLady Tue 10-May-05 13:04:45

what about painting plant pots and putting in some little summer flowers?

006 Tue 10-May-05 13:07:01

Dylon fabric paints (for tshiirts etc) dry v quickly and just need ironing to set. Sounds like a good job for your dh!!!

Enid Tue 10-May-05 13:09:22

cooking? they could all make cakes and you could give them each an apron that they could customise with fabric pens. Like here:

Splat Cooking Parties

SoupDragon Tue 10-May-05 13:19:13

Have a look at Baker Ross

frogs Tue 10-May-05 13:19:38

We did plaster of paris masks (casts of the kids' faces) for dd1's 9th birthday last year, and was a fantastic success.

It is messy, but very easy and you get quite impressive masks in a fairly short time. But they will need to be dried and finished at home. This didn't seem to be a problem -- we gave the kids some spare bandage to take home with them. You do ideally want a couple of adult helpers, though, depending on how sensible/competent the children are.

If you want proper instructions and a list of materials, I can probably dig it out.

darlingbud Tue 10-May-05 13:20:56

what about those ready made kits of beads, strings etc that they could use to make jewellry with? I used to love them when I was that age. Don't need to leave to dry or cook either.

jura Tue 10-May-05 13:35:01

Enid Tue 10-May-05 13:36:17

Get them to draw on their aprons first with fabric pens (no need to leave to dry) then they can cook.

darlingbud Tue 10-May-05 13:40:28

FIMO - a sort of play dough that they can model then bakes in the oven. I then think they can varnish it.

jura Tue 10-May-05 13:43:26

lunavix Tue 10-May-05 13:45:15

you can get pre-made clay/plaster things, that you can just paint.

Carla Tue 10-May-05 13:51:23

There was a basket weaving event on at our local library a few weeks ago - dds loved it. dd1's 7th b'day is coming up, and I thought about 'phoning to see if one of them would come round and help the children make something.

Totally agree that arty/crafty parties are brilliant for this age group. Whatever you choose, I'm sure she'll love it.

frogs, that sounds totally terrifying, but if you do get a chance to dig out the instructions I'd be really grateful.

jura Wed 11-May-05 17:09:04

MarsLady Wed 11-May-05 17:16:47

poster paints for the pots. You can buy pots quite cheaply at the garden centre.

SoupDragon Wed 11-May-05 17:28:28

I wouldn't use poster paints, I'd go for acrylics. Poster paints tend to be "dusty" when dry iyswim.

jura Mon 23-May-05 15:26:34

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now