Talk

Advanced search

Patchwork & Quilting Magazines

(10 Posts)
dizzyday07 Sat 06-Jun-09 21:39:52

I'm having a clear out as we're moving house so I have a pile of mags I don't want/need anymore.

Details are on my blog

movingintothefuture Sun 07-Jun-09 12:21:43

Can't really help on your mags but wanted to ask - where did you get the space fabric. Been trying to track some down for the last two years and obviously not looking in right place!

movingintothefuture Sun 07-Jun-09 12:21:43

Can't really help on your mags but wanted to ask - where did you get the space fabric. Been trying to track some down for the last two years and obviously not looking in right place!

seriouscase Sun 07-Jun-09 12:30:51

Ooh I like your blog! Off to look at your mags...

dizzyday07 Sun 07-Jun-09 13:07:22

movingintothefuture - the space quilt was made from remnants of a couple of duvet covers.

movingintothefuture Sun 07-Jun-09 14:04:08

Not really good for making curtains then sad

dizzyday07 Thu 11-Jun-09 11:59:21

I've added a pile more Patchwork & Quilting ones

TwoIfBySea Sun 14-Jun-09 21:58:41

God those quilts are gorgeous.

<adds quilting to the list of things I really want to do>

How long does it take you to finish one of those? If you don't mind me asking.

dizzyday07 Sun 14-Jun-09 23:24:59

TwoIfBySea - do you mean the blue square ones? It probably took longer to cut the squares than make!!

Once it was laid out I chain pieced it which speeded up the process immensely. The backing was all in one piece and there was no binding to add because of how I how I sewed it together. The quilting was pretty simple as well as I just went down the diagonals

TwoIfBySea Tue 16-Jun-09 15:25:24

You are making this sound very easy, I have my suspicions that I will not find it so! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now