Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone like to join a Let's start a project and finish it thread?

(18 Posts)
swanriver Thu 04-Jun-09 18:16:41

Ufos thread struck a terrible twang.
I need to finish a set of bedroom curtains I started four years ago (we have blinds as well)
And I want to sew a simple dress from a pattern but feel guilty even starting...
Is there anyone who wants to report back and say they are making progress on any rather recalcitrant project?
The curtains will take me at least a week if I set my mind to it.

gill89 Thu 04-Jun-09 18:19:56

i will join you.
i want to do either a few scrapbook pages of a reecnt holiday or a mini book of said holiday.

i want it fibnished by next friday --- 12th.

swanriver Thu 04-Jun-09 18:23:28

Brilliant! I'm going to look for that rufflette tonight - it IS somewhere!!!

gill89 Thu 04-Jun-09 22:39:50

i have printed off one pic

alicecrail Sat 06-Jun-09 09:39:42

I am thinking of making myself a dress to wear to Ladies Day in July. I have plenty of patterns but will need to get some fabric. I need to finish it quite quickly or i get bored of it and hate the fabric grin
I will try to get some this week.

swanriver Sat 06-Jun-09 23:12:00

hello Alice, I'm still searching for the dammed rufflette, I know it's somewhere in this house....although I may have given the lining material to the Christmas fete angryHave the curtain material to hand though, and the one curtain I finished.
will report Sunday eve.

swanriver Sat 06-Jun-09 23:13:16

As a procrastination technique started all three dcs scrapbooks with them! So I've stolen your project gill89.

smultronstallet Sat 06-Jun-09 23:18:18

I want to make a teepee for DS, I was going to make it for Christmas, then it got put back to his birthday, and that has passed and it is still not made.

I have the pattern, the fabric, and most of the other stuff I need.

Just got a new sewing machine so really should start getting familiarised with it...

Bumperlicioso Sun 07-Jun-09 18:43:46

Me me me!

Smultron I am about to embark on a wig wam (same as a teepee?) for DD. I've got the pattern from a fab book called Cool Spaces for Kids (see my post on this board to that effect!). Just went and bought some material today, cream with orange tea roses on it (sounds vile but tis lovely!) and some bamboo canes - they look a bit flimsy though.

Anyway I have to wait as a friend has my sewing machine till Tuesday. Actually it's my mum's and I've never used it before!

In the meantime I'm going to start some granny squares to make a cushion to go inside.

Watch this space. DD's birthday is 20th June so I have until then!

catseye123 Sun 07-Jun-09 20:35:14

I'll join you. My friend bought me a kit to make a bag for E last Christmas (around the time I got my first sewing machine!). Looks really simple but just got added to the pile of unfinished sewing projects. Will make it this week and let you know. hmm

swanriver Mon 08-Jun-09 09:39:16

Found the rufflette tape phew
now to buy lining material as I gave it away hmm
hello catseye and bumprliciouso
what are granny square? are they knitting?

swanriver Mon 08-Jun-09 13:36:50

Bought the lining material for curtains smile
will start cutting out tonight

Walkingwiththighosaurs Mon 08-Jun-09 13:50:32

I started a cross stitch 4 years ago, still not finished!!!!!!!!!!!! blush

swanriver Tue 09-Jun-09 11:50:02

Sitting down to finish the curtain I started last night smile
Slightly forgotten just HOW I managed the first one although corner mitring remains engraved in brain cells.

gill89 Sat 13-Jun-09 19:51:32

wel i haven't done anyhting!

oneforward20back Sat 13-Jun-09 22:55:30

Really want to join you but realistically I have no idea how i am going to find anytime to anything done...

Am following and hoping life simplifies so can follow urge to delve into the UFO?USP's i am inspired to think about envy- or is that a procrastination tatic from life that I don't want to deal with hmm

babyOcho Sat 13-Jun-09 22:59:50

I have been trying to make a patchwork quilt for ages. Have the fabric and washed it. Will start moving on it properly. Although now am tempted to make a teepee instead

swanriver Sun 14-Jun-09 15:28:40

I have got something done on curtains this week, not as much as I would have liked, but moving forward. I think the mistake I've always made with these projects is to want to do most of it in one go, then when it is not finished to abandon.. rather than little and often, so having to retrain myself in art of 1 hour work here and there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now