Talk

Advanced search

Knitting website recs needed

(10 Posts)
Gidders Thu 04-Jun-09 11:31:17

Hi ladies,

I've recently discovered knitting and am loving it. I'm already on Ravelry and yesterday discovered this gorgeous site http://www.purlescence.co.uk. The trouble is, I'm really strapped for cash at the moment, so can't really stretch to lovely indian rosewood needles, much as I would like too!

Can anyone recommend me some good cheaper sites, particularly for yarn?

Thanks in advance

gigglinggoblin Thu 04-Jun-09 12:39:39

kemps wool shop and abakhan are great for cheap yarn. Needles I got from ebay, I like bamboo and got a massive set of circulars (which I often use for straight knitting) for next to nothing!

SheherazadetheGoat Thu 04-Jun-09 12:46:10

cucumberpatch.co.uk always have good bargains.

squidler Thu 04-Jun-09 12:46:14

I fund my knitting habit through charity shops. Wool, needles, patterns. Lovely...

I bought 10 balls of 100% wool, 7 pairs of assorted needles, cable needles, huge wooden pair of needles, row county things last week for...........

£3.

The lady was a knitter and just smiled at me and said "Will three pounds for the lot be ok?"

SheherazadetheGoat Thu 04-Jun-09 12:47:21

charity shops are great

SheherazadetheGoat Thu 04-Jun-09 12:49:08

great big cones and v. cheap

Gidders Thu 04-Jun-09 12:56:51

Wow, some great sites, thanks!

I think that will keep me busy for a while.

Now, what to knit - anyone fancy sharing their current work in progress to give me some inspiration?

SheherazadetheGoat Thu 04-Jun-09 12:58:35

go and admire check out my stuff on ravelry i am goat

Gidders Thu 04-Jun-09 13:19:15

Just had a look - your lo is gorgeous.

I want to make some baby stuff, but as I am only five weeks pregnant I think I will put it on hold for a while

I like the look of that beret though, and I haven't done any cable knitting yet, so might give that a go. Thanks for the help.

I am Amy-Lou on Ravelry btw, but sadly don't have any projects up yet. Just a queue of things I might make some day

SheherazadetheGoat Thu 04-Jun-09 13:20:35

yes she is! thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now