Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get....

(7 Posts)
cheekychops03 Thu 05-May-05 23:10:01

Scrapbooking paper (12x12) that has a map design on it?

I am making a scrapbook for my son (well for us until he is old enough!) with all his baby photos etc in it. I want to do a few pages on the history of where he was born (it has a strong military history) and would like to have a background page of an old map. Also, I would like to be able to get hold of an old map of my area but am drawing blanks. Does anyone know where I can get some or am I setting my sights a bit high?

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer.

Jayzmummy Thu 05-May-05 23:13:16

you could try here

Carolinett Fri 06-May-05 09:56:47

A company called K&Co do a range of scrap booking sheets called "Lifes Journey" and there's a few maps in that range. You can find it on most crafting websites.

As for the maps of your local area, try the libary, most libaries have scanners, scan the maps in and print them out on A3 card or paper, you cut it up accordingly. Just a suggestion.

Carolinett Fri 06-May-05 09:59:07

sorry spelt library wrong.

Carolinett Fri 06-May-05 09:59:07

sorry spelt library wrong.

SoupDragon Fri 06-May-05 12:22:31

Using the "Print Scrn" button on your PC, the Paing programme and colour printer you can create A4 area maps using Multimap. Probably infringing coywrite in the process, but as it's for personal use that's probably OK. Not sure what the "lasting qualities" are for ink jet prints if they're out of direct sunlight though.

SoupDragon Fri 06-May-05 12:22:43

Paint programme, not Paing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now