Talk

Advanced search

IDEAS FOR CHRISTENING CARD FOR 6YR OLD GIRL????

(8 Posts)
milosmum Tue 03-May-05 18:41:45

Hi, my niece is being christened and shes 6yrs old. shes been diagnosed with lukemia and her mum would feel better if she was christened. The only problem is i ve no idea what to put on a card for a 6yrd christening-any ideas??????

oh and shes a really girly girl, if you know what i mean???

AuntyQuated Tue 03-May-05 18:49:46

i will have a think about the card but you can get a lovely Christening beanie from a site called......emmm...hang on...will remember in a minute

juniperdewdrop Tue 03-May-05 18:52:40

Do you make cards milosmum? Angels are always nice IMO but I don't know if you think that's suitable for a christening card. You can make it look religious though.

milosmum Tue 03-May-05 18:58:38

yes, i make them but i want to do the card for my niece rather than her mum because of her age, so i dont want it looking too religious but then again not too trendy- alot to ask, i know

juniperdewdrop Tue 03-May-05 19:03:41

I love doing 3D decoupage with stamps. Have you tried it? You do 3 stamps using a fairly elaborate stamp, leave one whole then cut the next one slightly smaller then the next one smaller and build it up as usual. You could find a lovely angel one

hi5 Tue 03-May-05 23:18:51

Hi Milosmum, I helped a friend make christening invites last year for her 2 daughters, I used an art package to make a black and white sketched picture of a photo of the 2 girls. This was simply stuck on a plain card - little girls like to see photos of themselves, have you got a good one that you could incorporate into an appropriate background, or turn to sepia tone on the computer?

Frizbe Tue 03-May-05 23:23:09

Theres a company called Caring Angel, who do christening gifts, they have some nice cards, with angel pin badges on them, might be good for an older christening, try this link link

Frizbe Tue 03-May-05 23:24:32

this link to another store might be a bit better!
link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now