Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ohhhhhh Im so excited!!!!

(21 Posts)
Jayzmummy Tue 03-May-05 12:48:31

Ive just nipped down to the local village store to post off my card orders and the guy in the pot office asked me what was in the envelopes....so I told him that I have recently started selling more of my hand crafted cards.

And now they are going to sell them for me too!!!!!
Have got to sit and make 60 cards...they want an assortment of general cards, anniverasry, birthdays etc and then I have to send down the specials according to the time of year....on top of the 60 they also want 30 of my fathers day cards!!!!!!

So if Im a bit quiet over the next few days....you know why!!!!

AND IF YOU SEE ME HERE TELL ME TO GO AWAY....I NEED TO WORK!!!!!

SaintGeorge Tue 03-May-05 12:49:38

Wow Jayzmummy, well done.

Now get off Mumsnet and go work!

Dingle Tue 03-May-05 12:52:54

Fantastic news JM!! Well done.

If you are still here,,,,GO, GO, GO!!

anorak Tue 03-May-05 12:57:41

- very enterprising!

Yorkiegirl Tue 03-May-05 13:30:33

Message withdrawn

pootlepod Tue 03-May-05 13:45:48

Oh excellent! Wish my shops would say something like that!

cheekychops03 Tue 03-May-05 13:59:43

Fabulous news. Wish I had the guts to go to my local shops and pedal my wares!
Now, go make some cards!!!!!

WigWamBam Tue 03-May-05 14:01:20

Wow, how fantastic! Mind you, if my dd's ballerina bunny card is anything to go by they are stunning and will fly off the shelves.

Now go away and get cracking

Jayzmummy Tue 03-May-05 14:04:55

5 down....only another 85 to go!!!!

champs Tue 03-May-05 14:06:46

well done!! that's fantastic news. Your cards are lovely and it's no surprise mr postie wants to snap them up.

Now Go Away

Dingle Tue 03-May-05 14:06:54

go,go,go,,,

layla Tue 03-May-05 15:33:27

Wow,well done Jayzmummy!!You're going to be very busy.

hi5 Tue 03-May-05 23:36:30

Great news JM, it's great to have a buyer....or is he just the taker? Is he going to mark them up? If he is going to pay you a set amount per card, then there is less difficulty but you need to have a few things sorted out in advance, (sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs)- may I suggest you make a photocopied sheet of your cards for the postie to tick off when sold -especially if you are doing only one of certain cards. This will help when working out what to replace - this could be a c**p idea too, because mr postie may be far too busy to tick anything off!
Your cards are lovely and will sell really well, will your sticker be on them - does Mr/Ms taxman shop in your post office.... ?
If you are starting a business,what are the legal requirements... I'm not putting this on to dampen your euphoria, we should all know where we stand, and if someone knows, that could save you future difficulties.
I hope you have made at least 20 by the time it took me to write this post!*GOOD GIRL*

Jayzmummy Wed 04-May-05 01:54:41

Hi5....you raised some pretty valid points.
My hubby has a buisness and we are putting my cards through his business!!!! As he points out I am his employee!!!!!!

I have now finished 42 of my cards!!!! All the Fathers Day are done....now on the generals!!!!

DS2 is having a bad night....so it looks like I'll be going right through....at this rate I'll have the cards finished in no time!!!

Mr Postie has agreed to pay me up front for the cards and then will want me to replenish stock as and when (or indeed if!!!) they sell.

Oh been here to long....could have made another card!!!! <<<skuttles back to the work station as hubby cracks the whip>>>

SoupDragon Wed 04-May-05 19:15:02

What happens about copyright? Interesting article in one of the many magazines I bought last week...

Dingle Wed 04-May-05 19:21:16

I must admit to being a bit cautious about things, copyright etc.
There are so many conditions to be aware of. Selling the "Flower Faries" when naming the "Game Controller " card, I called it by a certain brand name first, then thought twice about it...

hi5 Wed 04-May-05 19:39:17

What was the mag Soupdragon?

Dior Wed 04-May-05 19:53:15

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Wed 04-May-05 20:08:11

It was a paragraph in an article about selling your cards in... er... the one with how to make an "envelope organiser" on the front. An April issue I think but I've forgotten what it was called!! Anyway, the thing that surprised me was that rubber stamps can be copywrited so you aren't allowed to sell cards with the stamped image on although some are CW free provided you're stamping by hand.

Dingle Wed 04-May-05 20:14:09

I don't know too much about it, but isn't there something like an "angel list" which are those companies who allow you to sell their stamped images!

Dior Wed 04-May-05 20:20:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now