Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy a cross stitch birth sampler?

(24 Posts)
collision Mon 02-May-05 16:15:45

I DONT WANT TO DO IT MYSELF as I have no time, skill or desire to do it!

Where can I get on from?

elsmommy Mon 02-May-05 16:24:49

Ebay, theres boat loads of em. Bout 10 quid though!!

cheekychops03 Mon 02-May-05 19:07:37

John Lew is sell them and if you look on the web for an embriodery shop in Huddersfield, that sells loads of them for reasonable prices.
Good luck.

collision Tue 03-May-05 15:37:52

Are these made to order which is what I want?

Arent there any websites that do them where I can order what I want with ds's details and they will send it to me?

Or a painted one with his birth details on?

Any ideas?????

Cadbury Tue 03-May-05 15:43:16

Oh, I see, you want it done, not just a kit!

Not sure if anywhere does that. Maybe you could choose a cross stitch sampler kit and ask someone to do it for you?

collision Tue 03-May-05 15:44:27

If no one does it then there is a gap in the market and someone should!! You could make a fortune!

Cadbury Tue 03-May-05 15:44:49

I enjoy doing them but am not very good at framing them so if you could frame it (or get it framed) and you want to choose one and have it sent to me, I'd be happy to do it for you

TrophyWife Tue 03-May-05 15:53:29

i have often though about starting a small business of doing croos stitch to order, am just unsure if poeple would want one done and unsure if i could get it doing in the time that people would want them..that as well as runing a house and looking after ds and dh.

Cadbury Tue 03-May-05 15:56:30

Its a lovely idea for a business but I agree, time would be the problem!

collision Tue 03-May-05 15:59:13

Oh thanks,Cadbury.....that is soooo sweet of you. I will look round for one.

TrophyWife Tue 03-May-05 15:59:34

that and i go though fazes where i do them and then i dont, atm i have a half finished thomas the tank to go in ds new bedroom, started mid feb still not done

SaintGeorge Tue 03-May-05 16:01:16

Why not build up a stock of basic girl/boy designs prestitched with a space left for the Name & date bits. Not so time consuming then if you get an order for one.

anorak Tue 03-May-05 16:02:33

Hello collision. I do them to order. I wonder if I put one in the scanner whether I could get a good likeness? Otherwise I'll have to try my very small and poor webcam

I charge £30 for mine including the frame.

TrophyWife Tue 03-May-05 16:05:59

good idea SG. do you have a web page Anorak? im now intressted in how/what you do....

Cadbury Tue 03-May-05 16:07:09

there are some really nice bits and pieces here and have a look at sew and so too.

collision Tue 03-May-05 16:08:27

anorak, give me a description and size of them. Your price is very good.

anorak Tue 03-May-05 16:30:32

I've just got my daughter to take some pics of my three samples with the webcam. Shall I CAT you with them?

anorak Tue 03-May-05 16:31:53

BTW the frames are approx 32cm x 27cm with apertures of approx 16cm x 12cm.

anorak Tue 03-May-05 16:32:53

Actually it might be quicker if you email me then I can send pics straight away. Jan Quinn 3 at aol dot com.

Cadbury Sun 08-May-05 19:31:48

anorak, are you doing one for collision? my offer is still open if not.

jessicasmummy Sun 08-May-05 19:34:40

ive wanted a whinnie the pooh one done for my dd - got the kit - just want someone to do it..... what would any of you lot charge???? no need to frame, just stitch?!

collision Mon 09-May-05 08:29:51

Ooooh! Ive started something here!!

I dont know what to do now as Anorak does it for a living and Cadbury has offered to do it for me.

How about Cadbury doing the one for Jessicasmummy and I will pay Anorak to do mine????

Anorak, the emails keep coming back saying they are in a queue so it might be better to talk here. I got the pictures and they were great! Shall I order one I like and get it sent to you or do you design it from scratch?

I will try and email ds2's details to you when I have chosen the sampler.

Is that OK?

anorak Mon 09-May-05 08:47:07

Hello everyone!

I don't exactly do it for a living, it's something I've done for gifts and have sold a few pieces at craft fairs and stuff but now I'm trying to get it off the ground as something to earn a little money.

I won't be offended if you take Cadbury up on her offer, after all it's a saving for you. But I am here, available to do samplers to order for anyone that wants to order one for £30.

Thank you for your complimentary remarks!

I was aiming to just offer the designs I sent for now and maybe add some more choices later.

I'll email you collision with my other email address, I have emails coming through from other people so no idea what the problem is.

sansouci Mon 09-May-05 09:30:47

I love doing them... have almost finished ds' & I must admit it's beautiful. I'd be happy to help out but see you've had lots of offers already, which is good. Just thought I'd let everyone who is interested know that I would be glad to take on a new project.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now