Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've won a competition!

(19 Posts)
layla Fri 22-Apr-05 15:09:21

Hi folks,I'm so chuffed,my card was picked along with 19 other winners to win a gorgoeus magnetic stamp set from the mag Card Making and Papercraft.So it'll be in the magazine too.It was to design a birthday card as the mag is 1 year old.And I did one similar to the copper flower patchwork one in my album but I put a little circle on it with wish on it.I'm just so excited I had to tell you.

RnB Fri 22-Apr-05 15:35:23

Message withdrawn

moondog Fri 22-Apr-05 15:36:05

aah,that's great! Congratulations!!!

Dingle Fri 22-Apr-05 15:51:20

Congratulation Layla!!! More goodies to play with too!!

AuntyQuated Fri 22-Apr-05 15:59:21

Good news, Layla. I'll watch out for your card

cheekychops03 Fri 22-Apr-05 16:16:33

Fab news. Well done!

champs Fri 22-Apr-05 16:53:56

congrats Layla!!

Jayzmummy Fri 22-Apr-05 20:54:42

well done you.xx

layla Sat 23-Apr-05 10:09:42

I made a card with the stamps last night.A celestial one with little suns,a finger pointing upards and a copper star.I just love them.

Dingle Sat 23-Apr-05 10:18:11

Layla, can I be cheeky and ask where you get your metal supplied from, I seem to have a problem finding it and only have a small amount of copper left! I think AQ was interested too as she has only copper left too!

layla Sat 23-Apr-05 16:06:21

Hi Dingle how are you?Are you using metal foil?I'm being nosy,I use it a lot so what do you make with it?I saw some lovely hand made cards in a craft centre last weekend and what she had made was a rectangle piece of copper foil mounted onto some paper and what she had done is emboss little squares in like a funky contemporary style if you know what I mean,all over the foil and little rectangles in different shapes.It was really different.It ispired me to try more embossing onto the foil rather than just cut shapes out of it like I do.I made a sweet little card ,I used my sea green foil I've got and embossed some small flowers and spirals onto a rectangle piece of it.Mounted it onto some pretty paper and stuck 3 tiny pink buttons underneath.I'll put it up in my album so you can see it ok.

Anyway,I get my foil in a tube from Inkspot.It's a local craft shop and I've just got you the number as they may do mail order I don't know.They do lots of different coloured foil as well as the copper ,gold and silver.It's about £5 for the gold,copper and silver and I think £8.25 for the colours but you get a lot imore in it.Let me know if you have no luck and I could always post some on to you.Oh yes the number is 029 20490254.

Dior Mon 25-Apr-05 19:45:45

Message withdrawn

layla Mon 25-Apr-05 22:29:09

hanks ior.

My card is in the mag,I got it in the post this am.Lucky as they only printed 10 of the 20 winners cards.

MandM Tue 26-Apr-05 09:38:55

Well done you clever thing!

Off this afternoon to buy a selection of May card making and gossip mags to take with me on hols (if I can resist the temptation of not reading them before hand!) so will look out for your masterpiece!

Dior Tue 26-Apr-05 13:24:22

Message withdrawn

layla Wed 27-Apr-05 12:26:17

Have a nice holiday MandyM.I think the mag has just come out as I subscribe I'm the first to get it.Fame at last!oops again.

Dingle Wed 27-Apr-05 12:34:57

I saw your card layla, it's in CM&P isn't it?
Really pretty and effective!! Well done again!

I haven't got around to ringing the supplier for the metal, I must make a seperate note of it for future use!! I have spent too much on craft goodies this month with my sizzix!!

I haven't done much with the metal, so far, but tried it out when I first started making cards over 2 years ago now. When I look at what I did, I feel I would have used it so differently now IYKWIM. My recent cards I have done just simple embossing , mainly flowers /hearts or leaves.
I also punched some shapes and put them througn the paper crimpler.

Although I love the copper colour, it can sometimes be harder to get other colours to match, unlike gold or silver which is pretty universal!

layla Wed 27-Apr-05 14:58:39

Hi Dingle,yes that's the mag it's in

Do you feel you get better when you look back on earlier stuff you made-I do.I sometimes think the cards are a bit rubbish the older they are?I think I improve all the time.

You can get gold coloured foil too.I like the medium weight ones as they're not too flimsy.The coloured foil comes only in light weight but I still use it and it's still very embossable.I may get the red foil one day when I feel I can spend a bit.

I met up with someone from do crafts last Saturday for the first time and it turnedd out to be a very expensive meet as she took me to 2 craft shops in town and dh gave me some spending money as a nice gesture and I spent it all and more!So no more buying for me for a while too.Still I'm happy as I have my prize to play with.

Dior Wed 27-Apr-05 20:03:25

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now