Talk

Advanced search

Sissix - can you cut fabric?

(7 Posts)
katzguk Thu 21-Apr-05 21:14:01

hi

was juts wondering, i would like to make some curatins covered in stars for DD's bedroom, the biggest gold fabric stars i can find are 20mm which is a bit on the small side, i was thinking more 5-10cm.

Can you cut fabric with a sissix machine?

essbee Thu 21-Apr-05 21:44:29

Message withdrawn

Jayzmummy Thu 21-Apr-05 22:05:52

Yes...cuts OK.

champs Thu 21-Apr-05 23:25:43

saw tip in a mag that says to spray fabric with stiftner(sp) and dry b4 putting in szx.

katzguk Fri 22-Apr-05 12:40:28

cool - sounds great, do you think if a stuck wonderweb to one side of the fabric then cut this would work too, it would help to stiften the fabric up too.

my next question would be anyone with a sizzix and a star cutter who'd liek to help out! willing to pay!!

champs Fri 22-Apr-05 13:36:05

think it would work.
I have a sizzix but not a star die. Anorak has a star one.

anorak Sat 23-Apr-05 15:09:00

Hello, only just seen this. Yes, you can cut fabric. You're supposed to put a piece of paper under the fabric to stiffen it.

I do have a star die, it's the small sizzix star die, it's about an inch and a quarter wide, five points. If you want to see I have posted a page on the mumsnet card gallery in the swaps section.

And I do sell die-cuts, so you are welcome to proposition me . CAT me if you want to talk about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now