Talk

Advanced search

embossing without using a stamp

(19 Posts)
Hausfrau Wed 20-Apr-05 19:27:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carolinett Wed 20-Apr-05 19:33:41

If you are embossing free hand you need a pigment pen like an embossing marker you can individual colours and use clear embossing powder. Ask in your craft shop as long as the pen is pigment the embossing powder will stick.

Hausfrau Wed 20-Apr-05 19:38:16

Carolinett Wed 20-Apr-05 19:38:52

Just thought "Marvy Wet Looks" do a clear one when you are using it, it looks blue don't worry when you sprinkle the gold embossing powder and use the heat gun you'll just see gold

Carolinett Wed 20-Apr-05 19:40:04

What have you got handy thats pigment

AuntyQuated Wed 20-Apr-05 22:00:33

can you find a pic of his hat on the internet...then if you have an inkjet, stand with your embossing powder at the ready, print it off, whip it out and cover with the powder then heat...MAGIC

all you need is the pic on the PC

draw it and scan it?????

Carolinett Thu 21-Apr-05 08:22:54

Just about to go to bed when I saw this one,WOW thought you had solved my solution for getting gold or silver writing for my card inserts. tried it briefly last night it didn't work on the paper because half the wording dried out My husband thought I was cracker pulling the paper out faster than lightening BUT this morning at 06.30 I tried it on pearlised card and it worked. That eager I forgot to rub over the card with talc powder bag before printing to stop the embossing powder sticking to the rest of the card. Can't wait to get home from work tonight to experiment. This is the greatest thing I've heard in ages Great Big Thank You

AuntyQuated Thu 21-Apr-05 08:29:04

i have the settings for printing in gold and silver too

think it's on here somewhere too...will bump thread for you

Jayzmummy Thu 21-Apr-05 09:17:50

Talc powder bag??? Tell me more??

Dingle Thu 21-Apr-05 09:21:22

I must admit, to considering buying one of those little anti-static bags, as I find I spend a lot of time dusting away excess EP when embossing. Is this talc bag the same thing??

Carolinett Thu 21-Apr-05 09:30:35

Where do you get the gold & silver ink cartriges from?
I bought the little bag from a craft shop it was a bit damp at first & I wasn't sure what was in it, it was working so I didn't care It was only later when it became dryer I realise it was powder. Cost me about £2 or £3 and I'm still using it a year later. Never tried it but a fine sprinkling of talc might work just as good.

Dingle Thu 21-Apr-05 09:43:41

The gold and silver are just colurs from your standard ink cartridges. They aren't shiny or anything, but work well, especially for inserts.

Carolinett Thu 21-Apr-05 10:03:42

I take it you mean its a font colour I'll try it.Thanks again I always use dark grey font colour it's not as harsh as black Wish some company would produce gold or silver cartridges they would make a bit of money from us card makers.

AuntyQuated Thu 21-Apr-05 10:21:26

i bumped the thraed with the settings for you caroline...did yiu see it?

Carolinett Thu 21-Apr-05 10:29:45

I looked at the gold & silver question I've left a couple of questions if you could help please. I'm just of for a fag.

Peachyclair Thu 21-Apr-05 10:49:48

You can emboss onto a few layers of gel pen too, or indeed anything that takes ages to dry.

Or- and this is a cheat and although i do it I am not taking responsibility if a clumsy toad burns themself trying it- if you can get the emboing powder into a pattern (eg stencils, brass ones are fine) you can heat above a toaster and then it doesnt blow away anyway. Just melts. Only for the panic situation as not quite so precise, but handy!

Hausfrau Thu 21-Apr-05 13:08:40

AuntyQuated Thu 21-Apr-05 13:22:36

would love to see it, find the lead

Carolinett Thu 21-Apr-05 17:42:13

Took my time used the powder bag over the pealised card before putting it into the printer, found my self a zig zaggy christmas tree on online clipart through Word coped it in to paint and went to print. WoW it was brilliant using the poder bag really made a 100% difference. Instead of looking round ebay & craft shops for stamps I will know be looking for cliparts to print & emboss.
The loads of money I will save buying stamps will go on, well I can't think at the moment but I'm sure there's somthing I need in the craft department.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: