Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used quickutz?

(16 Posts)
anorak Tue 19-Apr-05 08:27:40

I was just wondering if they are any good and if you can use the dies with a sizzix machine?

Jayzmummy Tue 19-Apr-05 09:14:47

ummmm I was looking at the quick kutz too....Im not sure that you can use the sizzix machine with them....maybe someone else will know for sure. The quick cuts have some lovely dies that I want to use.

Dingle Tue 19-Apr-05 13:29:27

I can't stay, I'm just flitting in and out!
I asked in my local craft shop about the quickutz, I love their designs from what I 've seen, probably more so than the sizzix in general. She didn't really personally recommend the ease of quickcutz, but said that had heard that sizzix were going to bring out another adaptor so that you could use quickutz dies. So overall, the sizzix was the way to go in her opinion. Don't know if anyone else can beck this up though. Must get on!

Carolinett Tue 19-Apr-05 15:36:25

To use quickcuts die on your sizzix machine you need the converter and a metal plate that somone has bought out don't know who the company is but you can buy them in most craft shops between £5.00 & £10.00, you also need the white plastic board as well.
Until you find the metal plate. I have succesfully cut by using the converter & sliding under the white board one thick piece of card, the stuff you use in picture mounting. Also your white boards needs to be fairly new. hope this is of some help

Dingle Tue 19-Apr-05 18:02:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Carolinett Tue 19-Apr-05 18:32:23

I've just joined this sites today & it was your question that caught my eye. Try a sites called www.cheapdies.co.uk they have a great range of both sizzix & quickcuts. Most sites are not aloud to show sizzix die pictures for some reason,ebay does I suppose they can get away with it . Note the number & go to the sizzix website through google to look at the pictures. Are you thinking of buying a sizzix machine?

anorak Wed 20-Apr-05 10:42:23

Thanks carolinett. I have a sizzix machine already but like Dingle I like the quickutx designs. What are they like to cut - similar to sizzix sizzlits? I don't get on very well with sizzlits, I prefer the proper dies.

Dingle Wed 20-Apr-05 12:39:33

I have still to order my sizzis machine. Was going to buy from ebay, can't make my minfd up what dies to buy with it!

I have heard that sizzlits can be a bit tricky too!!

Thanks for the link Carolinette, I have heard of the site and tried to do a search for it yesterday. I'll take a look when I get he chance.

Dingle Wed 20-Apr-05 13:09:17

Ok ..OK....I have just seen this

Does anyone have any info, perhaps this is what the lady in the shop was talking about!!! I'm off to find out more!!

Carolinett Wed 20-Apr-05 13:35:32

Hi
Ive used sizzlix & quickcuts & I think as long as the white broad,s OK you shouldn't have any problems. I find I need to press down a couple of times no matter what I use & it can depend on the thicknesss of the card.

Carolinett Wed 20-Apr-05 13:48:06

I buy a lot of stuff of ebay & if I'm not mistaken it's the cheapest I've ever seen it. I think I paid about £70.00 & that included the converter set.
On ebay I always check if they have 100% positive feed back and make sure it mainly for selling & not buying before I buy from them. Touch wood I've never been let down. I also buy a lot of stuff from the USA the dollars on ourside girls it take about a week to come I want everything yesterday but it's woth the wait because of the money I have saved EG The oval & more cuter selling for £85.00 P&P included on Create & Craft I got it from USA for just over £25.00 including P&P anyone interested I'll give you some good usa ebay traders

Carolinett Wed 20-Apr-05 13:50:52

Dinner time over I'm back to work next on round about 17.00 if my husband lets me on the computer Ha Ha

anorak Wed 20-Apr-05 14:00:24

I'd be interested to have a look at those traders please carolinett.

Jayzmummy Wed 20-Apr-05 16:44:56

cooor me to....can you post the ebay dealers??? thanks.

Carolinett Wed 20-Apr-05 17:06:27

Hi
designerstamps I buy a lot of brass stencils of her. I.o.r.a.c I buy punches of this one punches you can't get UK. She also has a web site www.crafttownhobbylandusa.com I'just bought 4 great large punches cost me £17.00 gloves hat bag & shoes weighed a ton but only cost me of that £17.00 a £5.00 P $ P.
You guys properly all know each other & I'm the new girl I live 10miles outside Chester & stand up & say "I'm a holic" a cardmaking holic for three year & I don't want to be cured.

Carolinett Wed 20-Apr-05 17:11:19

Member Profile: designerstamps (2562)
Member Profile: l.o.r.a.c (2243) This might be better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now