Talk

Advanced search

Another Card Novice - What do I need to know !?

(3 Posts)
Whizzz Sun 17-Apr-05 09:59:04

OK - Inspired by some of the lovely cards I've seen on here, I've been to Hobbycraft & got a bag full of goodies to make some cards. I think I'm a fairly creative person but does anyone have any tips - good websites for inspiration etc?
I fancy doing some nature inspired things & have got some skeleton leaves. How can you use real pressed leaves / petals etc without them falling to bits ?

Dingle Sun 17-Apr-05 10:19:15

Soem of the pressed flowers are obviously very fragile, using tweezers when handling them helps. I tend to stick mine down with my beloved PVA glue. I have done some designs with flower heads in little apertures, that way the don't stick out proud from the card IYSWIM and have a bit of protection. You can also buy peel-offs in various shapes like little clear windows. Something else I have is something called thermoseal (I think) I got it from Craft Creations and it's a transparent film that you can cut to size place over your design and iron on to protect your work. I haven't tried it yet!!! Don't like getting my iron out too often!{grin] From what I remember you can use it for embroidery, cross stitch...it is suppose to give a clearer more natural finish than say, using a peel-off would.

Craft sites....Do Crafts is a good basic one to start with, covers a nice variety of sytles and techniques.

Whizzz Sun 17-Apr-05 10:27:06

Thanks Dingle. I saw the transfer type designs but preferred to try & do the real thing if it was possible. I'm going to start trying to look out for bits & pieces to use. I'll check out that website too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now