Talk

Advanced search

Nursery Rhyme related craft needed please

(10 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Fri 15-Apr-05 16:42:34

Have offered to do the Parent and Toddler craft next Thursday. It has to be Nursery Rhymne related and simple for the little ones to do. Any ideas would be appreciated. TIA. x

Dingle Fri 15-Apr-05 16:50:17

We have done a few activities for dd's speech and language program, you might be able to get some ideas from.

Jack and the bean stalk, read the book, did marching around, stopping when you heard "fe fi fo fum.." planted a few seeds in a pot decorated with a few stickers.

Another good one was Noah's Ark, although not really what you need. great fun pretending to be all the animals and sticking scraps of tissue paper onto pre-drawn rainbows!

darlingbud Fri 15-Apr-05 16:53:08

Twinkle Twinkle little star potato printing.

Making Jam Tarts - you know the one - where the knave stole then!

Mary Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow - making pictures with silver bells (milk bottle tops), cockle shells (pasta shells) etc

Dingle Fri 15-Apr-05 16:55:03

Decorate simple masks. You could do anything really, we did 3 little pigs and made wolf or pig masks. But you could adapt this to the Owl and the Pussycat,little Bo peep and her sheep, 3 blind mice...if you need any help with the mask shapes I am sure something could be sorted on here.

darlingbud Fri 15-Apr-05 16:55:46

Good idea Dingle - you could use dried spaghetti for whiskers etc

Dingle Fri 15-Apr-05 17:00:29

Quite cheap and versatile. Choose whatever theme and all you really need is a few scraps of tissue paper,and glue. (cotton wool for sheep!)

Tommy Fri 15-Apr-05 17:10:08

How about printing off some clocks and they colour in hands and mice and stick them on?

SPARKLER1 Sat 16-Apr-05 08:42:37

Thanks everyone - some great ideas. Anymore much appreciated.

SPARKLER1 Sun 17-Apr-05 11:50:29

I do like the sound of the Hickory Dickory Dock Tommy. Am leaning towards that at the moment.

SPARKLER1 Sun 17-Apr-05 12:51:39

Have just amazed myself at making a paper mouse. It's quite good even though I say so myself. Cut a heart shape out of paper and hey presto a finger mouse shape. He's got cotton whiskers and a pipe cleaner tail. Gonna find some paper plates to make the clocks.
Thanks Tommy and everyone else for helping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now