Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Paper cutting device

(13 Posts)
Munchkinola Tue 12-Apr-05 20:35:37

I am fed up of wiggle lines using scissors. I have a 3ft gullotine at work but not very practical bringing that home every day.

What would anyone recommend?

kkgirl Tue 12-Apr-05 20:40:42

You can get guillotines in Staples for £10. My DH got me one and its good.

Munchkinola Tue 12-Apr-05 20:49:27

ooooh I'll have a look on their website. What size did he buy you and is it the right size?

Munchkinola Wed 13-Apr-05 09:38:47

bump

Dingle Wed 13-Apr-05 12:18:07

I have a paper trimmer from The Stationery Box. I've had it for about a year now, with no problems. The base part is about the size of A4 and it then has the frame part around it to square your paper up against IYSWIM. It cost about£ 15 from what I can renmember.

It doesn't have all these interchangable blades and only cuts straight edges but I use mine all the time.

champs Wed 13-Apr-05 14:19:13

i have an edgemaster with changing blades absolutely love it, is expensive tho. got it last year as investment saw it on C&C and had to have it ordered elsewhere tho as was cheaper. I counted all the times I used fancy edge scissors and have broke a few also i do a lot of invitations where I would have to cut out 100+ bits so got it.... thats my justification anyway

Munchkinola Wed 13-Apr-05 15:35:09

Thanks dingle.

Champs you have put temptation in my path. That looks fantastic!!!!!!! Hmmmmmm £70 incl p+p what excuse can I think of as to why I must have it ........

Whats C&C btw?

Dingle Wed 13-Apr-05 15:54:46

C & C,I think, is Create & Craft, a shopping channel on Sky. We are on cable and don't get it!! I think you can get it online to, but haven't installed our broadband yet and our PC is too slow to view on dial-up...

ooo....must find time to installthe broadband software tonight!!! Then I can have a look too.

I have only seen the edgemaster advertised in magazines...looks brilliant....one day...perhaps after I get a sizzix...

pabla Wed 13-Apr-05 15:55:23

i got one from Tchibo a few months back, about a fiver I think.

champs Thu 14-Apr-05 18:10:56

Munchkinola,, lol, it really is a good buy. cant believe how much i spend on craft stuff yes, as dingle says C&C is create and craft.
Dingle,, dh groans when i switch tv to C&C!! I think I must start selling some cards and craft stuff as I have spent so much!

crystaltips Thu 14-Apr-05 18:43:52

Lakeland sells a small ( A4 ) guillotine for about a tenner.
Great as DD can use it too as it's safe.
Just for straight lines

Munchkinola Thu 14-Apr-05 19:50:32

Well I went into town today and compromised. In Partners they had an A4 creative paper trimmer. It does straight cuts, perforations, wavy lines and a deckle edge. I think thats enough for the moment while I'm experimenting. It cost me 29.99 which is less than half of what I was tempted to spend so I spent £30 to save £40

Thanks for all your advice

champs Fri 15-Apr-05 14:23:14

happy crafting!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now