Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need inspiration

(6 Posts)
kkgirl Tue 12-Apr-05 19:37:05

Hi

Have just made a really nice card, but it needs something just to finish it off, wish I could show it here.
I embossed three tall tulips onto a piece of white hammered card, coloured the tulips, green stems, and pink lilac and peach buds.
Then I stuck the card onto a lilac sissix paper patterned with lines and flowers, and stuck all this onto a white shiny hammered effect card.
To finish it off I want to use some funky fibres. I have a matching thin hairy piece, but what can I do with it, shall I just put it down the edge and then what do I do on the inside of the card?

Ideas on a postcard please, I'm not the most inspired person in the world!!

cheekychops03 Tue 12-Apr-05 21:53:47

How about using it to tie round the middle of the card, where it is scored? Does that make sense??? Let me see if I can find a picture of a card that does this and put a link in. Give me a mo...

cheekychops03 Tue 12-Apr-05 22:04:32

Doh! Can't find a flippin picture when I need it. Basically, you just tie it round the scoring/spine of the card so you can have a tassly thing at the bottom of the card. HTH

CC

kkgirl Tue 12-Apr-05 22:10:04

Thats what I was wondered CChops. Should I just tie it at front. I did wonder about getting some sparkly beads either clear or lilac to put on the fibre.

cheekychops03 Tue 12-Apr-05 22:24:31

You could do. I've just got given some lovely beads on coloured 'string' that are in the Lakeland catalogue crafty bit (so prob. a bit expensive). They would probably look good. Personally, I would experiment and see which looked less busy... Good luck!

kkgirl Tue 12-Apr-05 22:47:07

Oh I saw those beads on a string in the lakeland shop, they are so gorgeous, but I desperately wanted the corrugated flowers,rainbow paper and oak leaves, so I couldn't get them.
I will try to get some nice beads and make something up. I think it will just finish it off and give it that "je ne sais pas"!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now