Talk

Advanced search

Making dressing up clothes

(5 Posts)
emmielou Sun 10-Apr-05 21:41:58

Fancy having a go at making DD some dressing up clothes... Have only made curtains before though.. where do I start??! I've got some old net curtains which I want to try and turn into a skirt ...

KatieMac Sun 10-Apr-05 21:46:31

Not sure....sew 2 side seams - to form a tube...sew a channel in the top and elastic or a ribbon and voila a skirt?

I buy bits & pieces from charity shops

My children like animal print scarves and anything pink

clary Sun 10-Apr-05 21:47:37

just turn over a channel at the top then sew the curtain together at the raw edge to make a tube (iyswim) then thread knicker elastic thru the channel you made (remember to leave an opening in it to be sewn up later.
Dr up clothes don't need to be very resiliant ime.
Capes are good too, run a loose gathering thread along the top of a hemmed rectangle then pull it up, then sew in some tape along the gather with ends to tie. This is nice in luxurious glitzy fabric (find in Indian shops if you are lucky enough to have any near you)

clary Sun 10-Apr-05 21:48:23

oh snap katiemac!

KatieMac Sun 10-Apr-05 21:54:04

Great minds think alike...or fools seldom differ?

I got a velvet mini dress in a size 8 which id a great hit (after I sewed ribbons on to the shoulders to keep it up) & a laura ashley mini with a little train...every girl that tries it on says "If it was white it could be a bride dress"

But animal print scarves and a tail keeps them all happy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now