Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ok, its taken me 10 years to finish my tapestry! Can anyone help me turn it into a cushion cover?

(7 Posts)
newweeknewname Mon 09-Feb-09 21:58:01

When my DS was born, I bought a JollyRed kit to embroider his name, date of birth etc. Now 10 years later I've finally finished it grin but I know it will take me another 10 years to get round to making it into a cushion cover.. sad

Are there any Mnetters out there who have done it before and are willing to do it for me, in exchange for a small fee and cost of materials etc? I think it needs soaking and streching as it is a little out of shape (i did not use a frame blush )

Alternatively does anyone know where I can get it done? I tried the seamstress at our local drycleaners, but she was none the wiser.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 10-Feb-09 13:34:05

google ehrman as they have a making up service.

lucykate Tue 10-Feb-09 20:11:40

ehrman's making up service is quite expensive (i used to work with ehrman!) are you brave enough to let me try??

i worked for 12 years for coats designing cross stitch and tapestry kits amongst other things, so have done this kind of thing before. stretching it is not a problem, it just needs nailing onto a board and spraying with water an leaving to dry. i'm not good with zips but can make an envelope back, so you can get a cushion pad in and out.

if you want to email me, lucykatecrafts at talktalk dot net (just change the 'at' and 'dot'), and we can sort the rest out.

sunshinecity Tue 10-Feb-09 20:31:46

I googled ehrman and was shock at the prices they charge.

Lucykate, you are just the sort of person I was hoping would respond! I will email you tomorrow - many thanks!

lucykate Sun 08-Mar-09 09:30:00

just to let you know, as it's been a while, i didn't get an email from you. not to worry, just leave a message here if you still need it doing smile

Menai Tue 14-Apr-09 11:32:12

Hi LucyKate - I've emailed you to ask if you'd be willing to quote me a price for this too! I would love to get the cushion I've done finished and I've got the material ready and waiting for your expertise! Many thanks x

Menai Tue 28-Jul-09 18:03:52

Not to worry - a friend's mum is now very kindly doing this for me. Thanks anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now