Talk

Advanced search

what do you use to make...

(9 Posts)
darlingbud Sun 03-Apr-05 21:08:49

the faces on the sizzix bodies? Do you use just biros or is there something else to use that makes them look good?

darlingbud Sun 03-Apr-05 21:29:03

bump - any crafties on line?

Dingle Sun 03-Apr-05 22:26:20

I have a marvy double ended marker in black that has a great fine tip, gel pens, chalks for cheeks (if you don't have chalks use blusher and a small eye shadow applicator), wobbly eyes give a different look, or small punched circles for eyes...try different combinations on scraps of paper to get the effect you are looking for. Try brown instead of black, for a sorter look, try black smiley mouths or little red mouths for the girlies....

EmBy Thu 07-Apr-05 14:57:22

I have a set of stamps which work really well with the larger body pieces.. They're called Stampkins and they're from EKSuccess and I did buy them quite a while back when I first got my sizzix machine - only thing is I'm not sure if they're still made (there must be some floating around somewhere!)
Also, I have a package which print off the faces if that's any good to you - only good if you have the die cutting machine really.. let me know if you need any help.

Dingle Thu 07-Apr-05 15:04:00

Have you got "create-a-face" EmBy? I downloaded that from somewhere a few days ago. I haven't got a sizzix but I thought the idea of seeing all the different features would be useful to copy and draw by hand.

EmBy Thu 07-Apr-05 15:07:03

Yes.. that's the one.. I'll find it for you.
do you want me to email it over to you?

Dingle Thu 07-Apr-05 15:11:49

Thanks EmBy, but I already have it. It is fun to try out all the different faces to get the effect you are after BEFORE putting pen to paper!

Some of the others would be interested I am sure. Can't remember where I found the link now!

EmBy Thu 07-Apr-05 15:11:56

In fact, it's shareware - you can download it from the website.. here

It's actually alot more versatile that I thought, you can print off faces for all sizes of dolls - there's a drop down on the right hand side once you've setup it up..

HAVE FUN!!

darlingbud Tue 12-Apr-05 15:19:04

I have just downloaded it - its fab! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now