Talk

Advanced search

what can i make a handprint (or footrint) look like?

(15 Posts)
ja9 Fri 18-Mar-05 14:35:57

all ideas gratefully received.

tia

Dingle Fri 18-Mar-05 14:40:36

I had a lovely little angel made by ds. Print both hand in 1 colour for the wings (use a lighter colour, perhaps a pale yellow, with sprinkles of glitter. Then, probably best when that has dried, turn the picture upside down and spread 1 hand out to form the body of the angel, this overlaps the wings. After that, you need to stick or print the head and decorate.

Waswondering Fri 18-Mar-05 14:44:30

You sil's former nursery did a footprint on their Christmas cards last year (2003). Done in brown, with toes at the top, then two red handprints on either side. Add some wobbly eyes and a black nose, et voila! Rudolph!!

Just the thing for Easter, eh?

WigWamBam Fri 18-Mar-05 14:44:41

DD used handprints to make the feathers on a chicken (she made the chicken from a paper plate and used two sets of handprints on each side for the wings, and another for the comb).

She has also made flowers by arranging handprints on a sheet of paper to make the petals.

Blackduck Fri 18-Mar-05 14:48:18

Ice cream cone....hand upside down on a cone..looks like ice cream dripping down..

MandM Fri 18-Mar-05 14:51:05

Made all dds xmas cards last year with green handprints cut out and layered up to make a tree shape with different glittery decorations stuck on.
Also, just a card or a frame picture of either one or both handprints with this poem is a really nice gift:

There used to be so many
Of my fingerprints to see
On furniture and walls and things
From sticky, grubby me.

But if you stop and think awhile
You’ll see I’m growing fast
Those little handprints disappear,
You can’t bring back what’s past.

So here’s a small reminder
To keep, not wipe away
Of tiny hands and how they looked
To make you smile one day.

giraffeski Fri 18-Mar-05 14:51:52

Message withdrawn

Sorrel Fri 18-Mar-05 14:56:58

giraffeski that's great! I love the duck

Miaou Fri 18-Mar-05 14:59:50

Two handprints, cut out and arranged on on top of the other (with the thumbs cut off) .... an octopus!

Dd and I once made a huge peacock with handprints - made a body out of card, then the tailfeathers were handprints in loads of different colours! Took me ages to cut them out but it looked fantastic.

Black handprints arranged as octopus = spider

giraffeski Fri 18-Mar-05 15:02:33

Message withdrawn

Waswondering Fri 18-Mar-05 15:03:40

Miaou - you couldn't cut the wee thumbs off, surely . . . .

Miaou Fri 18-Mar-05 15:07:46

Not off the baby, waswondering, just off the print....

No you probably don't need to, it's just me that's incredibly pedantic and can't bear to see an octopus with 10 legs

SoupDragon Fri 18-Mar-05 15:50:07

We used foot prints as rabbit ears one easter.

bathmummy Fri 18-Mar-05 15:56:31

love the handprint rainbow group art one. Will do that next week at toddlers.
Thanks

KatieMac Fri 18-Mar-05 19:13:36

cut a hand print out curl it round a straw and bend the petals back to make a lily

arrange 6-10 in a circle to make a flower on a card

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now