Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Skateboards and Planes....

(10 Posts)
Jaysmum Thu 17-Mar-05 11:36:22

Morning all.....just wanted to share this with you....

In my ds1's class there is a boy from Thailand. He speaks very little English, but is a complete poppet.
This morning when I took ds1 to school liitle Y ran up to me with a paper aeroplane and skateboard he had made.....they are perfect in every way and the detail is unbeleivable.....card making hat on I immediatly started looking at how they can be used for adding to my creations......
It turns out that after school whilst in Thailand Y had a little job assembling card toppers!!!!!!!
Y has agreed to show me how to make his creations....he makes loads of diferent things and is coming over for tea one afternoon just to teach me how to make them...bless...

If you want I could CAT you the details when I have typed them up......the skateboard is so sturdy and is just made from plain A4 paper....it would be fantastic for the card I made for the challenge.

pleaserewind Thu 17-Mar-05 11:57:49

ooo yes, i would like to know how to do that!

what a little gem

Dingle Thu 17-Mar-05 12:35:23

oooo...yes please JM!
I have quite a few kiddies cards to make throughout the year, and I seem to find cards for boys more difficult that cards for men.
These are children who I will probably be making cards for every year now, so I keep on needing to come up will new ideas.

Do you still have my email addy?

Jaysmum Thu 17-Mar-05 14:15:53

Cant find your addy Dingle....if you CAT me then as soon as he has shown me how to make the things, I'll type up instructions and send them on.He makes a fantastic little car....I pulled it apart to see how it was made....it is so easy to make and would be perfect for adding to a card.

Dingle....Im the other way round....I find it hard to make teen girls cards...little girls are OK..I just hate girly cards!!!!

I find boys cards easy....maybe its because I have got a whole host of boys in my family and I am very tom boyish too!!!!!

nnosam Thu 17-Mar-05 14:18:12

ooo yes please i would love to have a copy. can i cat you my email address now?

Jaysmum Thu 17-Mar-05 14:19:53

Thsoe that want the instructions just CAT me and I will send them on when I have done them......bear with me though.... it will be sometime next week.

MandM Fri 18-Mar-05 10:28:27

Jaysmum

I've just 'catted' (is that a word?!) you. They sound briliiant.
BTW, I've struggled with teen girls cards too but saw a nice one recently that I've copied a few times and it's really simple but effective, I'll try and explain but I'm not very good with instructions! Using either denim effect paper or by printing a denim effect background onto plan paper fold a square of it into the shape of a back pocket on a pair of jeans with a fold at the top for a flap and attach to the card with foam pads to raise it up a bit. Then using orange thread and a sharp needle 'sew' the stitching around the edges or if you are stuck for time do little dashed lines using a gold or orange gel pen and this looks good too. Then glue on a button, either a typical metal jeans style one or one of the fancy 'theme' buttons that all the craft shops are selling. I've then added different embellishments depending on the age/occassion. I got a pack of really funky little badges for next to nothing in the sale at Asda and have used those a few times, I've also used the cheap sparkly body tattoos that you can buy and have used brads and charms, whatever you have to hand really. Hope that makes sense!

MandM Fri 18-Mar-05 10:29:48

Just re-read - obviously you need to do the sewing before you attach to the card..lol.

Jaysmum Fri 18-Mar-05 10:45:19

I make a similar card and it is one of my best sellers......amazing what you can do with the kids out grown jeans!!!!!

AuntyQuated Fri 18-Mar-05 21:08:36

jaysmum, this sounds fantastic! can ypou email me the instructions plaese, once you've done them. Thnaks

i always find that handbag cards go down well for teen girls. you can also adapt your skater card - add more shape to the jeans and add some sequins or glitter glue. then give the top a waist, add a handbag or lipstick shape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now