Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Personalized Blankets

(8 Posts)
PicknMix Wed 29-Oct-08 13:11:00

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I'm hoping one of you clever crefters can help me!

I'm looking to buy my nieces and nephew a personalised blanket each for Christmas (as they have just moved to a very cold country)...

They are 3 yrs, 2yrs and 6months (my SIL is a saint!) so I thought a blanket each would be ideal (plus easy to post!).

The question is, does anyone know of any websites who will do this? I would like something which is substantial (fleece or woollen, not really fussed) and, although I have found a lot of sellers on eBay, I can't guage the quality of the blankets (some fleeces can look quite cheap and my SIL is not keen on Disney characters so need a classic design).

I'm hoping somebody will know of somebody or a website they can recommend!

Many thanks in advance

PnM

GentleGarotter Wed 29-Oct-08 13:16:55

There are some here

elmoandella Wed 29-Oct-08 17:29:16

if you ask really nicely perhaps a mumsnetter can knit you a lovely woolen one in something really soft and thick.

dizzyday07 Wed 29-Oct-08 22:38:52

I have made a fleece patchwork blanket for a friends son. It was backed with another layer of fleece.

here is a picture of it

PicknMix Mon 03-Nov-08 17:45:15

I'm sorry I have not been back to check on this but you guys have been very helpful...

Dizzyday that is stunning - really really love it. Do you make them professionally and sell them???

Gentleotter I had a look at that page, thank you.

I am still looking, have found some companies but they are very limiting in terms of colours (pink and blue only for some reason!)... This company is the best I have found so far but they don't do one in yellow. I am now investigating buying a plain blanket and finding a company that will embroider them for me.

Will keep researching, thank you again.

PicknMix Mon 03-Nov-08 18:31:52

I've done a bit more research Dizzy and looked through some more of your Flickr pictures (I hope you don't mind). Your work is lovely and now I am wondering if you take commissions from people?

My email is sj4j@hotmail.com if want to contact me.

The link in previous post is close to what I am looking for but I need 3 blankets suitable for use on a single bed (100 x 150cm at the least I think?):

1 x Yellow Blanket with Butterfly + name
1 x Pink Blanket with Flower + name
1 x Blue (?) Blanket with Star + name

But instead of embroidery I'm wondering if this can be acheived with applique in different fabrics onto fleece (apologies if I'm using the wrong terminology, my craft expertise lies solely with poster paints and print stick!).

Anyway, if I'm way off mark then no worries but I figured it was worth asking!!

Thanks

PnM

dizzyday07 Mon 03-Nov-08 22:19:45

I've emailed you PicknMix

stitch Tue 04-Nov-08 13:56:02

it would work out quite expensive, but you could always get someone to knit something for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now