Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

tell me more about card making

(13 Posts)
bumptobabies Wed 09-Mar-05 10:47:03

hello, please tell me more about making cards i would love to earn a few pennies on the side, and my 10yr old daughter would really enjoy this. are there some simple yet effective designs as time is limeted as i have an 18mth old and im currently studying to be a doula and childbirth educator. i would love to see some pics, i bet its really theraputic.

JaysMum Wed 09-Mar-05 18:11:10

google hand made cards and you will see lots you can attempt....word of warning.....it's addictive!!!!

AuntyQuated Sat 12-Mar-05 19:40:52

then you will get weekly emails teaching you the basics

Punnet Fri 18-Mar-05 17:04:31

It is great fun and it IS really therapeutic, but also dangerously addictive!

For a simple start buy a few card blanks (or if you have a paper mill shop fill one of their A5 boxes), then buy a few peel offs (stickers you can colour) or maybe a stamp or two. You can use all sorts of things you probably have- chalks, nail varnish, pencils, eye shadows- and then just add what you need. I'd recommend www.sticknmix.xo.uk, and www.craftsulove.co.uk for once you get going, and of course the great hobbycraft!.

Do follow the other ladies advice and register on DoCrafts- the forum is a great place to find anything and get ideas too.

Have fun!

Clair

kkgirl Sat 19-Mar-05 07:48:13

Punnet

Can't find the stickinmix one you mentioned?

Jaysmum Sat 19-Mar-05 08:14:20

addy is www.stick-n-mix.co.uk

kkgirl Sat 19-Mar-05 13:29:05

Jaysmum

Thanks, that looks like a great site.
Loved your cards in the swap, I think all the entries were really good, very professional looking.

Does anyone have a good site for card blanks, ie 50 at a time, or do you all buy the card and cut it yourself, I really like hammered or textured finish.

Jaysmum Sat 19-Mar-05 14:00:10

Try craft creations www.craftcreations.com

I tend to buy card and make my own....especially since Dingle posted about the accucrease.....saves a hell of a lot of time when folding your own.

I saw some nice packs at www.ideal.co.uk 5 sheets of pearlised card and matching envelopes for £2.80.....28p for card and envelope....not bad and very pretty colours.

Sure someone else will be along to point you in the right direction.

SoupDragon Sat 19-Mar-05 14:56:46

I am not going to look at any of these sites <<soupdragon stomps one taloned foot and swishes tail in distress>>

Dior Sat 19-Mar-05 20:42:52

Message withdrawn

Punnet Sun 20-Mar-05 20:16:36

That is cheap. I try not to sell my cards- I know that sounds weird, but when I did I got an order for 80 at once, and I made myself miserable and hated doing it (all different you see). So I do craft fairs for charity, and I'd sell to family but other than that...

I do card swaps though,a nd I did a good craft swap where you all had to spend £10 on stuff and send it on. I got some lovely things and the lady who got mine loved it. That was via the DoCraft website.

I do like making them though; collage and triple embossing are my thing at the mo., but it changes.

Have you tried jilcraft website for peel offs? Cheap and no postage if you order (I think) over a fivers worth.

Dior Sun 20-Mar-05 20:38:31

Message withdrawn

Punnet Mon 21-Mar-05 15:25:55

www.jillcraft.co.uk.

You can get some good hammered etc effect card on EBAy, I would definitely recommend Brother Sleep and Sarahs Cards, oh and Phil Jenkins does some fabulous mulberry blanks that barely need any embellishments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now