Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

does any1 do the norwegion purl stich

(8 Posts)
babyjjbaby Sat 25-Oct-08 01:27:17

just leanrt how to do this and makes it a hell alot neater in stocking stich but it is real fiddly and slow to do just wondered if any1 else does it and if it get seasier and quicke rto do after a few days thanks grin

DutchOma Sat 25-Oct-08 11:32:35

Just had a look on YouTube. I don't do mine like that, but sometimes do work with one thread in the left and one in the right had for Fair Isle. I always have trouble doing purl stitches with the thread in the left hand (they come out twisted on the return row) so might well have another look at it when I next need to do it.
Thanks.

babyjjbaby Sat 25-Oct-08 12:21:02

i have given up on it it is to fiddly and slow gives excellent results tho just going to carry on doing normal purl but pulling it real tight

warthog Sun 26-Oct-08 22:19:51

yes, i did give it a go for quite a while. a danish woman showed me a small variation that helped a bit, but ultimately i went back to the holding-the-yarn-in-the-right-hand method.

babyjjbaby Mon 27-Oct-08 07:48:23

yep me too have gone back to right hand and just pull it tight and it is working stocking stich is coming out really tight

warthog Mon 27-Oct-08 09:53:34

i sometimes twist stocking stitch to make it look neater, but it loses elasticity then.

SheherazadetheGoat Mon 27-Oct-08 09:58:09

is this the same as what is quaintly called 'continental knitting', if so yes it does get easier and is a millions times better if you are doing rib or anything in fact.

babyjjbaby Mon 27-Oct-08 11:41:22

yeh it is continetnal i think i am just doing it normal now cos i did it all wrong and had to take it back so started again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now