Talk

Advanced search

I have knitted a patchwork quilty thing but have a question.......

(15 Posts)
Cremolatorium Fri 24-Oct-08 17:26:00

Yes it is knitted squares- all different shades of purple for dd's room. Anyway I think it needs edging.I can't for the life of me find anything on the interwed that resembles a pattern for what i need. I am also not very good at 'fancy' patterns as i can't read them.could I just do a long straight piece and sew it on? what about corners
?

TiA if you can help.

puppydavies Fri 24-Oct-08 17:26:57

CROCHET

puppydavies Fri 24-Oct-08 17:27:26

oops sorry baby made the caps - she likes the light that goes on.

Cremolatorium Fri 24-Oct-08 17:29:53

nooooooooo i am a filed crocheterblush all attemps at crochet have ended in a knotty mess.I have Carpal tunnel and crochet makes it sore. I must knit itgrin
I'm afraid.

TheWomanWhoAteTraffic Fri 24-Oct-08 17:30:05

Long strips of satiny fabric doubled over, with a little wadding along inside it.

Cremolatorium Fri 24-Oct-08 17:30:21

failed not filed

although....

Cremolatorium Fri 24-Oct-08 17:31:21

OOh yes like the satiny thing.Would you do a backing on it too hmm?

TheWomanWhoAteTraffic Fri 24-Oct-08 17:36:05

Maybe a large fleece backing would make it more hardy?

Then a satin trim around the adges.

DutchOma Fri 24-Oct-08 17:37:45

You can do long strips, but you would have to do four. Cast on a stitch on the end OR the beginning of every row, then you get a neat mitre. If you do just one long strip you will have problems with the corners.

Cremolatorium Fri 24-Oct-08 18:59:07

bedankt
and thanks

DutchOma Fri 24-Oct-08 19:29:39

So what's your Dutch connection?

Charliepw Fri 24-Oct-08 20:14:40

Wot a bout creating live stitches around the edge of your blanket (perhaps one side at a time) and knitting an icord all the way around it as an edge.

Cremolatorium Fri 24-Oct-08 20:22:30

it's a long (very sad)story and can't go into it here, but dd was born in NL. smile She still calls her English grandparents Oma and Opa.
have you any use for Micky Mouse videos in Dutch? or Jip and Janeka books.....

Cremolatorium Fri 24-Oct-08 20:23:29

charliepw PW please elaborate- I do not know what a live stitch is

DutchOma Sat 25-Oct-08 11:37:47

What a lovely idea, but I have the complete Jip and Janneke in one book and am not a fan of Micky Mouse.
Maybe dd would like them, I'll ask her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now