Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help - Halloween costume for a 9 month old

(10 Posts)
Saz36 Sun 19-Oct-08 19:00:30

we have been invited to a Halloween fancy dress party. My DS is an active , exploring, crawling 9 month old. I have seen some costumes in the shops but thought I might try my hand at making something. I have got a plain white baby gro, some Halloween cookie cutters that I could draw shapes on the babygros and colour in, some silver material, some black tights etc etc I am not very creative but would like to have a go at something basic that won't look too rubbish !! - any ideas ?? much appreciated

moocowme Sun 19-Oct-08 20:54:01

dress him up as a ghost. then people can have fun flying him round the room.

elmoandella Tue 21-Oct-08 17:20:40

buy one of those sleepsuits you get cheap in likes of woolies. perhaps one thats a cat or bear then you can stick ears or tail to. then at least you can keep using it as pj's after the party and get some wear out of it.

MamaHobgoblin Wed 22-Oct-08 20:39:27

I've got a cheap white babygro, am dying it black and then painting bones on using some Dylon white 'puff' fabric paint, to make ds into a skeleton. Because I have too much time on my hands, apparently... (is not true)

I love the ghost idea! You could use the white babygro and some white fabric/sheeting sewn to the arms and side of body for 'wings' perhaps?

UmMwahahahaaaaa Wed 22-Oct-08 20:44:57

I was thinking of making ds into a spider (black babygro + 4 legs made from tights). Do like the ghost idea though.

I really want him to be the Incredible Hulk (he is 3mths and growing out of 3-6mth clothes) but I think it is probably wrong to paint a newborn green... wink

vworried Wed 22-Oct-08 20:50:46

For DS1 1st Halloween he was a ghost. I put him in a white sleepsuit and attached a white hooded towel to his wrists with elastic. Simple cheap and (reasonably) effective. Another child there was a cat, in a dyed black sleepsuit with a fabric tail, eyeliner whiskers and ears attached to a headband.

Cauldronfrau Wed 22-Oct-08 20:54:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MonkeyLover Wed 22-Oct-08 21:39:35

How about a Yoda costume? Beige cloak, big ears sewn onto green hat, green face...mmm face paints on baby maybe not such a good idea.

UmMwahahahaaaaa Thu 23-Oct-08 08:45:45

Cheers, glad I made you grin

Saz36 Thu 23-Oct-08 19:12:05

cheers everyone. LOL at incredible hulk ..... In the end have bought a cheap white babygro from Sainsburys and am painting pumpkins on it with orange fabric paint and black marker pen ! Am going to paint orange feet too. Some fab ideas for next year/ future fancy dress things though.
Happy Halloween ya'll

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now