Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for making Christmas cards with a 4 year old? Sorry-a bit early!

(7 Posts)
Spicychicken Fri 17-Oct-08 08:24:25

I'm only doing this early as she's off school for a few weeks with an injury, before you shoot me.....!

Any VERY simple ideas for Christmas cards please, involving more cutting and pasting as opposed to drawing (I'm useless!). I'd like to make about 30....

Does any one know of website with good, suitable templates perhaps?

Thanks!

Boyswillbeboys Fri 17-Oct-08 11:35:17

My DCs' school are working with a Christmas card company this year, so they all do their own cards, then they get printed and you can buy them (bit expensive but some money goes to the school at least ...). My DS2 is in Reception. They made really sweet robins,dip finger in brown paint to make the body and then when it's dry a little bit of red on top and draw on legs and beak with pen. Really easy and it looks so cute!

expatinscotland Fri 17-Oct-08 11:36:33

I got cheap colour in ones from Yellow Moon.

MakemineaGandT Fri 17-Oct-08 21:59:12

last year we did christmas trees. I made a template of a tree which DS1 splodged green paint through on the cards. When dry he stuck glitter and christmassy shapes on the trees. V quick and simple

MorocconOil Fri 17-Oct-08 22:13:59

Cut triangles out of a potato, then print two triangles with green paint to look like a christmas tree. Do this on white paper. When the prints are dry dab on PVA glue, then sprinkle on glitter. Get some black card to stick the white paper on.

This year we are using black card again. I'll get the DSs to cut snowflakes out of white paper. Will then stick snowflakes onto black card, and sprinkle with glitter.

MamaHobgoblin Wed 22-Oct-08 20:54:15

Handprints in green paint? Cut out, making the wrist end a bit 'pointy', then turn upside down and layer one over another to make christmas trees?

Of course, that could just look horrible, but it might work...

bumbling Thu 23-Oct-08 18:12:11

My advice after disaster the other day is don't use glitter, use glitter glue if at all possible. It just dries and the glue disappears and all you're left with is the glitter. as opposed to glitter on the card and the whole of you, DC's, house, carpet ...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: