Talk

Advanced search

Ideas on how to package home-made playdough as a present

(10 Posts)
Howlingbellyofbeelzebub Wed 15-Oct-08 16:19:40

This year I'm going to make special home-made playdough for all the children - with scents and texture etc. I want to give it as a little extra xmas pressie but want it to look nice- at home I just keep the lumps of playdough in a freezer bag! I need something that would keep it from drying out but not cost too much money. I'm thinking each child will get maybe 4 or 5 different 'flavours' - eg - lilac with lavender oil and purple sparkles - yum!

mummyloveslucy Wed 15-Oct-08 18:38:08

What a fantastic idea ! I'd love to do that for my daughters little nursery friends for christmas, or even as party bags for her birthday party.
I'll keep looking at this thread, to see what ideas people give you. Sorry I'm no use.
I'd be really greatful if you could give me the recipie for making it. smile

Waswondering Wed 15-Oct-08 18:40:34

Don't use the recipe I used today! We were knee deep in gloop despite following it to the letter. Not good in mil's dining room, believe me!!!

UmMwahahahaaaaa Wed 15-Oct-08 18:47:27

Waswondering, try putting in the microwave for a couple of minutes, and repeat, until hard (warning: gets stupid hot)

OP, I am sure you could find little plastic pots/jars in the pound shop or woolies. Or tupperware type containers (that's what my playdough is in). It's a fab idea smile - you could add cutters or the recipe?

mummyloveslucy Wed 15-Oct-08 19:16:55

Could you use that clear plastic paper and wrap the ball in it then tie the top with ribbon (like a wedding favour?) or does it need to be compleatly air tight?
If so then it'll have to be little containers, decorated to make them pretty.

Howlingbellyofbeelzebub Wed 15-Oct-08 21:12:17

Great ideas, thank you. I'm really excited now and will have to plan all the 'flavours' - last time I did orange with orange oil in it and it smelled heavenly. The recipe I use which has always worked without fail is one from here - play dough

elmoandella Thu 16-Oct-08 18:14:52

you can get little jam jars.

or
www.lakeland.co.uk/mini-airtight-boxes/F/C/storing-preserving/C/storing-preserving-food-storage/prod uct/3041/pgs/42

or these work out really cheap per actual container. but you gotta buy bulk.

www.ebottles.co.uk/showbottles.asp?familyid=29

ZacharyQuack Fri 17-Oct-08 05:44:04

Could you put it in little cellophane bags, tie the tops with a pretty ribbon and tie a few cookie cutters onto the ribbon?

Chocolateteapot Fri 17-Oct-08 06:22:50

I can't do links on this machine but google for gracefruit and look at the cosmetic packaging and also for Thorne beekeeing and look at the polish tins.

Chocolateteapot Fri 17-Oct-08 06:26:31

Gracefruit also do sheets of round labels so you can print your own labels to go on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now