Talk

Advanced search

Knitting pattern for a baby bonnet

(9 Posts)
Bumperlicious Sat 13-Sep-08 13:10:59

I would like a very easy knitting pattern for a baby bonnet (actually for an 18 month old - I know, I'm cruel!). My friend and I want to channel Little House on the Prairie for our LOs this winter (well, what's the point in having kids if you can't dress them up in ridiculous outfits!).

At the moment though we can both only knit in straight lines so want a very easy pattern. Can anyone help?

StormInanEcup Sat 13-Sep-08 15:09:33

Message withdrawn

kikidee Sat 13-Sep-08 17:14:38

What about this very cute (and easy) one? I knitted it for a friend's little girl and it was lovely.

florenceuk Sat 13-Sep-08 17:42:27

this is very sweet: from last minute knitted gifts. As I recall, it is basically a t-shape. The i-cord edging might be tricky, you could just leave it off maybe and put some ribbon on? I've got this book.

then there is the "generic" version here which might work baby bonnet

and this is free as well: baby set

Bumperlicious Sun 14-Sep-08 08:25:20

Thanks for all the replies. I think the easiest looking one is the once florenceuk showed first, what's the book florence? That one is really lovely.

florenceuk Sun 14-Sep-08 09:50:01

Its called Last minute knitted gifts: here. It actually has several very straightfoward patterns which are nice. But if you CAT me I might be able to help you (looking nervously over shoulder for copyright lawyers).

Looking at the Drops pattern, it's actually quite similar, just written in a strange way.

Bumperlicious Sun 14-Sep-08 10:19:46

Florence that would be fab <ahem> grin

I don't have CAT but my email is bumperlicious . mn @ hotmail . co .uk

Many many thaks

Bumperlicious Sun 14-Sep-08 10:20:03

And thanks too blush

florenceuk Sun 14-Sep-08 20:17:41

you'll have to wait until tomorrow when my guests are out of the study!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now