Talk

Advanced search

i need a nice knitting pattern for newborn boy that isnt mega complicated.

(12 Posts)
stitch Fri 12-Sep-08 20:59:49

went to my local lovely shop today, and didnt like any of the patterns they had for boys. i dont like making holes, and the yarn forward always confuses me. well, it has previously. can anyon suggest something nice to make for friends new born? (he hasnt arrived yet)

SoupDragon Fri 12-Sep-08 21:11:39

I really don't think you can knit a newborn boy.

StormInanEcup Fri 12-Sep-08 21:25:10

Message withdrawn

Ceolas Fri 12-Sep-08 21:30:35

Wow, storm, that is fab!

I like this Rowan book. What about Tommy? Can you cable?

Ceolas Fri 12-Sep-08 21:33:42

Or Debbie Bliss Essential Baby. Quite a few boyish designs in there.

soremummy Sat 13-Sep-08 18:06:49

I have some very easy patterns like garter stitch jacket with hood on I knitted for my dd but its unisex and would look lovely for a boy, also have one thats very similar but nicer patter but very very easy to do. If you want them can email or post to you cat me if you want

DutchOma Sun 14-Sep-08 13:41:25

That blanket is just wonderful, will have to make it sometime. Have taken the pattern off already, so just waiting for a commission [hopeful emoticon)

stitch Mon 15-Sep-08 07:37:15

lol soupy smile
thank you for the suggestiosns, iwill have a look.

stitch Mon 15-Sep-08 07:43:19

storm, that is gorgeous. but i think a bit more ambitous than i am looking for.

stitch Mon 15-Sep-08 07:44:52

dutchoma, instead of a commision to make the blanket, how about a class to teach me how to do it?

Nat1H Wed 17-Sep-08 20:47:33

I have loads of lovely boys patterns.
Email me if you want some
natalie dot hardman at yahoo dot co dot uk

wingandprayer Wed 17-Sep-08 20:50:57

this is really good book if you want simple.

I have made countless boat necked sweaters from this book for newborns and there's cute hat pattern too which you could do to match. I basically learnt to knit using this book, there's really clear instructions and DB yarns you can pick up online v easily if not in your local shop. Washes well too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now