Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me how much sugarcel cmc to add to sugarpaste to make modelling paste??

(8 Posts)
geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 08-Sep-08 22:50:04

I'm making a bob the builder cake...so far I have made Rolly and some hedgehogs, a saw and a screwdriver all using sugarpaste! But it's not going to hold its shape well enough for making Bob, I really want to make him with Modeling paste, and have got some of this sugarcel powder, but there are NO instructions on the container! Does anyone know how much to use, or have a good recipe for modelling paste?

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 09-Sep-08 20:27:54

No luck with google, bumping for you

smile

MaureenMLove Tue 09-Sep-08 20:49:21

Oh dear. Boys directed me over here, in case I could help. (Done lots of cakes in my time!) but I can't. Try putting a call out for StealthSquiggle, she might have some ideas for you. smile

geraldinetheluckygoat Tue 09-Sep-08 21:47:08

oh thanks for answering anyway though grin
BALD, I made the bob the builder without the orange squares on the shirt like in the pic you found on Google, DS didnt notice so THINK im in the clear....he did note the lack of tools in the tool belt though.... hmm
What kind of cakes do you do, MaureenMLove? I've got into making birthday cakes in a big way, since making them for the ds's, I'm finding it's quite addictive...

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 09-Sep-08 21:49:09

grin at toolbelt.

Have a look at Mo's profile page shock she is a queen of cakemaking.

geraldinetheluckygoat Tue 09-Sep-08 22:00:51

WOW she really is the queen of cake making! I love the ghost tower and the ponies!

MaureenMLove Tue 09-Sep-08 22:56:11

Bless ya. Thanks! Its all self taught and from a book! I've got a book by Carol Deacon, which has loads of step by step instructions, with lots of pictures to follow. She's done loads of books and always available at the library. Once I got into it, I bought my own copies.

geraldinetheluckygoat Tue 09-Sep-08 23:11:02

I have the No time party cakes one! I did the car one for ds1's birthday, the one you have on your profile! I really like her books, the step by steps are really clear, I have a debbie brown one too but while I LOVE the cakes, I don't find the instructions that clear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now