Talk

Advanced search

anyone going to iKnit tomorrow?

(18 Posts)
bundle Fri 05-Sep-08 16:06:39

smile

florenceuk Fri 05-Sep-08 16:14:27

Bella is going I think.

I would like to go but can't as DS is starting football, and DH is looking anxious enough at the thought of mixing with football mad dads without also dragging DD along. then again I have too much stash already from the Liberty sale (really truly - i have hid it at work as there is not enough room at home).

However I have now caught a bit of the lace bug, having started on Lace Ribbons in sock yarn which made me think, yes this is pretty but it's not really soft enough to justify all this effort. Am thinking now, ooh what I need is some 4ply in something truly luxurious to knit a scarf - so I may begin stalking you in the Posh yarn sale...

bundle Fri 05-Sep-08 18:31:58

<<writes down idea re: hiding stash @ work>>

may be doing small destash of posh soon (have accidentally joined the wollmeise sock club)

florenceuk Fri 05-Sep-08 21:58:29

wow! Congrats, I read a little of the Wollmeise thread, enough to grasp the cult nature of it - a bit scary I think! Somewhere I heard an anecdote about a woman who had a large stash of wollmeise but didn't actually knit socks - can't remember where and it is bugging me.

Will look out for your destash!

bundle Sat 06-Sep-08 00:40:53

I am a novice wrt socks - better pulls them up, ahem, if i'm getting a little parcel next week!

BellaBear Sat 06-Sep-08 21:02:24

Now, you see if MN had a magic link facility, I would have found this thread before I went! (was just cruising through the arts and crafts section)

Anyway, Bundle, how lovely you are for coming up and saying hello!

A lovely day (and I realised the first thing I have done wholely for myself since Seth was born, amazing)

BellaBear Sat 06-Sep-08 21:03:01

socks are way cool

twoluvlykids Sat 06-Sep-08 21:03:49

where's iKnit happening?

BellaBear Sat 06-Sep-08 21:05:26

it happened already, today! smile

It was in London

twoluvlykids Sat 06-Sep-08 21:08:24

buggerit.

BellaBear Sat 06-Sep-08 21:11:36

there'll be one next year ... and there's the allypally show in october

or buggeritisinLondon?

twoluvlykids Sat 06-Sep-08 21:14:37

yeah, I live 3 hours from London nowadays. There's a stitch-y thing-y I go to each September near me, but it's a bit too cross-stitch-y for my liking.

BellaBear Sat 06-Sep-08 21:17:50

there were people there today who had come from Holland! It was cool. I bought sock yarn and saw the Yarn Harlot speak and she signed a book for me and took a photo of me and my baby (which she does for her blog, she isn't just a bit odd like that)

twoluvlykids Sat 06-Sep-08 21:21:44

what sock yarn? is it hand dyed & in a hank? I just love it like that b/4 it's unravelled & wound into a ball.my family think i'm a wool freak.

BellaBear Sun 07-Sep-08 08:27:42

Dream in Colour Smooshy from Socktopus

MOST of the yarn there was in hanks, it was that kind of place!

twoluvlykids Sun 07-Sep-08 22:02:04

maybe I'll manage to go next year (sigh)
<<wanders off to bed dreaming of hanks of wool>>

bundle Mon 08-Sep-08 13:41:05

BELLA
your pic is on her blog!!!!!

BellaBear Tue 09-Sep-08 11:14:01

I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT???????????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now