Talk

Advanced search

Question about cardmaking :)

(10 Posts)
lunavix Mon 21-Feb-05 13:54:51

I want to add little glittery hearts to the front of a card (this is my first attempt at cardmaking and its my wedding cards. Argh overambitious much!)
I've found a heart punch, the sticky little squares, and some card, but I don't know what to use to make them glittery. I've seen some I like, the glitter covers the heart quite thickly, but I don't know if it's paint or glue or whatnot, it's dried quite hard and the glitter is just a pearly colour so the colour of the card shows through.

Any ideas what I can use and where I can get it from?

Thanks!

lunavix Mon 21-Feb-05 14:12:57

I've found some iridescent glitter glue, but also some glitter (and obviously you can buy glue) which would be best? And what glue to use?

I need quite a lot, I need to make quite a lot of these hearts (hundreds if not a few thousand!)

Yorkiegirl Mon 21-Feb-05 14:14:11

Message withdrawn

AuntyQuated Mon 21-Feb-05 14:14:19

you can get a grown-up version of kids' glitter glue...it's called sparkles---www.psxdesign.com -- but i guesss that is a trade site and is american but you may be able to see it. it has a very fine 'nib'. other than that what about heart confetti? the type for tables not the type you throw.
or if you have the hole puch what about finding a sparkly paper and punching them from that

papremaze do some good papers...if you do this some papers are hard to punch but are easier if you sandwich your fancy paper between 2 ordinary papers then punch. you can also put double sided sticky tape across the paper before you punch then once punched you just have to peel off the back and stiack.

hope that helps

ps the glitter you desciabe sounds like the one i have - it is called diamind so you would see the paper below

AuntyQuated Mon 21-Feb-05 14:15:07

if you buy card try it out first as some cards are very hard to punch and knacker up your punch

lunavix Mon 21-Feb-05 14:17:01

I've figured punching will be easier than buying heart shaped-confetti and painting them/glitter glueing them I've only seen the confetti in shiny colours or bright colours too.

I've been looking for a glittery card but can't find any, so if I need to do quite a few A4 sheets I spose it will be easier to coat them in glue (any ideas which glue would be best?) and sprinkle the glitter on than use glitter pens....

gscrym Mon 21-Feb-05 14:17:34

If you're going to use glitter, make sure it's really fine. The glitter usually used by kiddies is a bit course and sometimes doesn't stick very well.

AuntyQuated Mon 21-Feb-05 14:23:10

what about something like this

Dingle Mon 21-Feb-05 14:40:30

Have a look here for some glittery card or paper. I have used a few different types here so if you want to know a bit more about what the are like I MIGHT be able to help you with some of them.
Stardream is lovely but will be too thick for punching!

Dingle Mon 21-Feb-05 14:50:25

Also take a look here for sequin confetti. They do a few diffent shades of love hearts.

If you still would prefer to use some form of glitter-one of my favs is a sort of irridescent glitter glue, you can use it over any colour to give a lovely subtle sparkle. ...or would you prefer a sort of frosted look?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now