Talk

Advanced search

Looking for unusual, retro fabric for DS's room, any suggestions?

(12 Posts)
Pannacotta Thu 21-Aug-08 22:11:34

Have looked in local shops and on ebay, but no joy so far.
Any suggestions for websites/ebay shops would be much appreciated.
WOuld really like something a bit out of the ordinary, rather than blue fabric with eg checks/boats/starts/footballs etc, am hoping to make a roman blind and maybe cushion/beanbag covers.
TIA

nell12 Thu 21-Aug-08 22:14:22

Cath Kidston has some nice stuff

Pannacotta Fri 22-Aug-08 15:44:48

Thanks, was hoping to find something bit more unusual - the Cath Kidson fabrics are nice but quite easy to recognise.

mistypeaks Fri 22-Aug-08 15:52:58

this is good

makeminealargeoneplease Fri 22-Aug-08 16:17:44

Mistypeaks, loving those fabrics, sooooo cute - have bookmarked, thanks! Pannacotta, have you found something? I take it you are looking for boy fabrics, I too had problems when i was making cushioned wall letters for my DS's room, there's some nice vintage stripes on here

makeminealargeoneplease Fri 22-Aug-08 16:20:27

Actually just noticed the stripes are all FQ's sorry.

Pannacotta Fri 22-Aug-08 16:28:29

thanks for the links, Mistypeaks that is a great site.
Am loving this fabric
www.kitty-craft.com/shop/step1.php?number=6107
though it might be a bit dark, will perhaps order a small piece and see how it looks.
The ebay shop are mostly remnants makemine, I need a bit more as its for a large roman blind, and yes it's very hard to find decent fabric for a boys room which isn't say camouflage, aliens, football, boats etc.
DS1 loves trains but I cant find anything quirky with trains on it. He is nearly 4 so I need something not too babyish too.

mistypeaks Fri 22-Aug-08 16:33:09

another goodie but I think US.
Can you do a roman blind from plain/stripey fabric and applique trains along the bottom?

makeminealargeoneplease Fri 22-Aug-08 16:34:54

Nice choice! Good idea re getting little piece to see how it looks. Loads of lovely ones on Mistypeaks' link. great find. grinGood luck with the project.

makeminealargeoneplease Fri 22-Aug-08 16:37:29

oooooh gorgeous again misty! US have got far wider choice of nice fabrics envy, why why why??

kikidee Fri 22-Aug-08 19:42:49

Have you tried Designers' Guild? They have a website but don't have everything shown on there but they have (or used to have) a shop on the King's Road in London and they sell their fabric through interiory shops. John Lewis stock some of the range and my local interior design shop can source their fabric and wallpaper.

Pannacotta Fri 22-Aug-08 22:03:24

kikidee good idea re D Guild there is a stockist where I livde so will check it out, ta v much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now