Talk

Advanced search

What do you do with your kid's old birthday cards?

(7 Posts)
AngeK Wed 20-Aug-08 12:37:35

Hello,

I've searched around on the forum to find a place for this question and decided to place it here as I thought I might get some creative solutions!

Do you keep your kid's birthday cards every year? If so, what do you do with them?

My mum stuck all my cards in a scrapbook; I have all the cards I ever received from birth till about 14 years! However, that's quite a few scrapbooks and they take up loads of space.

I thought about getting a special box for them and decorating it, or an expanding file... or does anyone have some more creative ideas?

Overmydeadbody Wed 20-Aug-08 12:39:51

The ones from special people get put in a keepsake box or stuck in his scrap-book, but now that he's 5 he chooses what to keep and what to re-use.

The onjes he doesn't want to keep get put in the scrap card box for him to use for collages or to cut out and use for making new cards for other people.

We re-use or recycle everythin!grin

alittlebitshy Wed 20-Aug-08 12:41:02

My dd is 5 and so far i've put them all in a box, but that's laziness and not being able to bear to throw them away. I actually have this year's still piled in our bedroom cos they came down when ds was born (to put baby boy cards up) 4 weeks ago and haven't moved anywhere sensible or tidy yet blush. I think I'll stick with the box idea - but i may need a bigger box grin.

hana Wed 20-Aug-08 12:43:58

I kept all cards for 1st birthdays but chuck out all the rest - recycle, crafty things but basically get thrown out eventually. I'm not a hoarder

FAQ Wed 20-Aug-08 12:46:55

I keep all of them from their last birthday, then keep just close relative/friends/special ones from previous years. So each birthday (and Christmas) I do a sort out.

onepieceoflollipop Wed 20-Aug-08 12:47:28

Same as OMDB (but my dds are 4 and 1)

We also use them as gift tags as well as for making cards. (I am not artistic in the slightest, just like the money-saving/ethical/enjoyment of dd angle of it!)

muddleduck Wed 20-Aug-08 12:52:28

I have a clip frame for each of the boys that always has a collage of the cards from their last birthday. They look fab in their bedroom, we look at them for a year and then they all go in a scrap draw to be cut up and trashed as they like.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now