Talk

Advanced search

those of you that sell your crafty creations........

(4 Posts)
queenrollo Tue 19-Aug-08 17:42:52

what sort of money do you make? and how do you work out your pricing? best places to sell?

i ask because my circumstances mean getting a job is going to be nigh on impossible, but i only need to earn a bit of money each month. (dp earns a good wage, but i feel like i should have some sort of income of my own)......he has bought me a sewing machine for my birthday and i was wondering if it would be possible for me to earn say £50-£100 a month making and selling things.

escape Tue 19-Aug-08 21:50:07

bump

Whizzz Tue 19-Aug-08 22:43:12

I make jewellery but not as a business, I only look to cover the costs to make & to fund more materials - hence thats how I work out the price I don't look to make a huge profit or see it as a 'wage', I just do it as a hobby because I enjoy it.

There is a lot of competition out there, clearing £50-100 profit every month I'd say would be tough, but it all depends on if you can find customers who want to buy wantyou make! You'd have to register the business, do a business plan & sort out all appropriate paperwork / tax records if you want to run it 'for real'.

Come & join us on the A&C threads & show us your crafts!

queenrollo Wed 20-Aug-08 07:36:28

i've run a business in the past and have a friendly accountant so the 'business' side of things if they become necessary will not be a problem.

this is just an idea i'm playing with at the moment, and thought it would be sensible to think it through properly rather than just expecting it to work. I've not been producing anything crafty for a long long while because i haven't had time, but i'm going to have plenty of time soon and want to keep myself occupied. If i can make even a little bit of pocket money too then that would be great.

Thankyou for your help whizzz.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now