Talk

Advanced search

Can crafty-types help me with ideas for 'stained glass' craft activity?

(7 Posts)
RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 15:19:11

I'm planning a Big Draw event in a Church in October. Had the idea to do 'stained glass' using grease-proof paper and felt-tip pens but don't think this is going to work...

Any ideas for alternative materials? I'm working for a charity, so am on a budget.

The idea of Big Draw is to get people into drawing/painting btw, so activity would need to incorporate this.

Any ideas appreciated

mrsgboring Tue 19-Aug-08 15:23:23

Different coloured cellophane? You could collage the cellophane (more or less randomly depending on skill level) and then stick a black cardboard frame over the top to finish it.

Or OHP pens to draw on OHTs and then cardboard over?

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 15:29:50

OHP pens might work, off to google costs...

The cellophane would be lovely, but don't think sufficiently 'drawing-ish' IYSWIM.

Thanks for your input

southeastastra Tue 19-Aug-08 15:31:58

collect jam jars or similar and use glass pens (like felt tips)

TheDevilWearsPrimark Tue 19-Aug-08 15:35:33

If it has to be painting/drawing then stained glass maybe isn't the best theme. Can you change the the theme?

Tortington Tue 19-Aug-08 15:38:56

i bought glass pains from "THE WORKS" once v. cheap.

i woild advocate sweetie rappers - spec quality street or roses - get kids mum n dads to save them up.

if you are working for a charity - you might like to go to the local stores and ask them for a contribution - that way you might get your pens and OHP for free.

teesco and sains usually give £5 worth a go.

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 19-Aug-08 15:44:38

Thanks for responses, given me a few things to ponder.

My other idea was design your own coat of arms (there's a particularly good Royal Coat of Arms in the church), which would be straight forward and cheap, but maybe not as exciting...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now