loader

Talk

Advanced search

Adoption card ideas

(6 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Tue 15-Feb-05 19:23:16

Message withdrawn

roisin Tue 15-Feb-05 19:46:34

I would go for similar themes to a 3 yr-old's birthday card. (Though not cake and candles). If you want to see the 'competition' this site has a dozen or so adoption day cards but I'm not sure they'll provide you with much inspiration, as IMO it's a pretty poor selection.

Issymum Tue 15-Feb-05 19:57:05

There are loads of US sites selling adoption stuff (just put 'adoption card' into Google). I've just come across one that has a heart cut out of it and says 'Love is what makes a family'. As an adoptive parent I can't decide whether that's lovely or unbearably mawkish.

I think I'll go for lovely...

Tommy Tue 15-Feb-05 20:32:23

Since you're there......I have found a nice card on moonpig that I can personalise for my new nephew and 2 nieces but I can't think of what to put on it! Don't want to say "welcome to the family" as they've been a part of it for 18 months or so but "Congratulations on your adoption" sounds a bit formal.

Issymum Wed 16-Feb-05 13:05:42

Tricky! I agree that they probably already think of themselves as a family and that the 'congratulations on your adoption' is too formal.

Why don't you just say 'Congratulations - we are so happy for all of you' or something along those lines as, presumably, when they receive the card they will know that it's related to the adoption.

Tommy Wed 16-Feb-05 13:49:23

Thanks Issysmum - I personalised a "Welcome Home" one from Moonpig with congratulations and 3 cheers for the 3 [surnames]. Seems a bit funny to send a card to 3 children to celebrate going to see a judge who asked them a couple of questions and then gave them a box of smarties each!!!!! (which i thought was rather sweet!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now