Talk

Advanced search

The Pratchgan is finished - & I got to meet Terry Pratchett!

(20 Posts)
GreebosWhiskers Sun 17-Aug-08 13:56:46

OMG I still can't believe it! After 8 months of work & worry it's finally done. Terry's wonderful PA Rob called me on Friday night to sort out arrangements to hand the Pratchgan over to the man himself & so yesterday I nipped across to Edinburgh to the book festival to meet Terry Pratchett!

Full details are on my blog.

I can't wait to get an hour or two to catch up on the chat & everyone's blogs - I've been away such a long time!

littlelapin Sun 17-Aug-08 14:04:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DillyTanty Sun 17-Aug-08 14:09:09

oh gosh greebo, that is really lovely. i adore the sentiment, i hope he can take cover under it when he needs to. well done, really. i watched a thing (was it panorama?) recently about nhs care, he's paying for his meds etc himself, really cross that everyone in his position can't get them. seems like a good man.

GreebosWhiskers Sun 17-Aug-08 14:10:29

Thank you

I should point out that it's not just my work - I only made one square & the others were sent by 98 other knitters & crocheters from all over the world. This post explains it better.

It was a bugger to sew together so I'm very glad it's done!

DillyTanty Sun 17-Aug-08 14:13:26

no that's fine, i knew it was from other people too... didn't think you were trying to nab the credit. wink how lovely and talented you all are.

vInTaGeVioLeT Sun 17-Aug-08 17:47:02

oh my god grin that is sooooo fantastic.
bet it's a relief to have it finished and handed over to the Man himself.

Twiglett Sun 17-Aug-08 17:50:25

OMGoodG .. I love and adore Terry Pratchett .. I love and adore your Pratchgan .. did you make it all yourself? where's the abridged story?

Congratulations!

JackieNo Sun 17-Aug-08 17:51:07

Wowshock - that's amazing. Well done all of yougrin.

Whizzz Sun 17-Aug-08 23:21:27

Well done to you & the rest of the knitters & woolly folk - a fab piece of work!

eyeballs Sun 17-Aug-08 23:28:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TotalChaos Sun 17-Aug-08 23:29:27

that;s amazing! well done to you and your craft buddies.

JonahTakalua Sun 17-Aug-08 23:35:41

Fab! grin

thumbwitch Sun 17-Aug-08 23:38:33

well done you - he is a lovely man, I met him at the first Discworld convention (went to the masked ball as Magrat and he asked me why I hadn't been in the fancy dress comp) and am so sad that he has Alzheimer's.

MamaHobgoblin Tue 19-Aug-08 23:13:56

That's such a wonderful thing to have done! I'm all teary just thinking about it. And lovely photos of PTerry - he looks well chuffed!

BroccoliSpears Tue 19-Aug-08 23:19:03

What a completely brilliant thing to do!

edam Tue 19-Aug-08 23:21:07

WOW! You (and your fellow knitters/seamstresses) are brilliant.

How was Mr P? <<worries>>

BroccoliSpears Tue 19-Aug-08 23:30:45

Wow - have just been looking at all the close up pics. Awesome.

GreebosWhiskers Wed 20-Aug-08 08:55:49

*edam* he seemed okay. His talk & reading was funny as hell (he had to sing as part of the reading & it's a comfort to know his singing's nearly as bad as mine grin)

The Pratchgan's working its way around the internet - my blog's had over 7000 hits since Saturday shock

We'll be starting a knit-and-crochet-along on 1st October to make our own Pratchgans (obsessed much?).

fullmoonfiend Wed 20-Aug-08 21:26:33

I knew nothing about this, but as a major Pratchett fan (and a terrIble knitter may I just express my admiration and envy

mistypeaks Wed 20-Aug-08 21:40:25

Oh god what a mixture of emotions. Some how I missed this. I am a huge TP fan. Had I have known about this I would have loved envy to have been involved, but have only just learned to knit so know I couldn't really have been. On the other hand I am so so so pleased to see what has been done. On one of those photos he looks genuinely touched (and a little tearful). On an unselfish note I really hope it can be of comfort to him on 'lower' days/times.
Well done Greebo and other yarnies....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now