Talk

Advanced search

Hi Hafusa?? i am here new to this one how do i get started with card making?

(5 Posts)
Slink Mon 14-Feb-05 11:48:58

I am quite creative drew all the disney charaters at a hospital once for their window for the kids ward (yrs ago) thinking about making cards and invites any advice werre to start

Hausfrau Mon 14-Feb-05 12:21:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Slink Mon 14-Feb-05 13:26:29

Thank you wil do

Dingle Tue 15-Feb-05 11:31:41

Hi Slink, been making cards for nearly 2 years now, still so much to learn though!
Tips to get you started, visit a few craft shops to see what's around, but DON'T spend too much without knowing what it's for, how to use it...it could work out quite expensive.
Buy a couple of craft/card making mags for inspiration.
Take a look at a few of the websites mentioned on here. One of my favorites for basic supplies is Craft Creations, you can get a free catalogue and swatch of card samples.
What sort of thing do you want to do, any ideas, there is SO much to choose from!!
Have fun, if you need any help, just shout!

Slink Wed 16-Feb-05 20:36:07

Dingle hi. I want to make my own bday invitation( for me and dd, it is meant to be a suprise party but dh has asked if i can arrange it??)

Also dd school party(having friends over to our house.

And wedding cards for my sister and those little boxes you have on tables at wedding?? i can make truffles so i can fill them. I have a few ideas but whats a good price for a cutter ? Thought of drawing a character dd likes shaping it on some cardas an invite or little purses with dust and an invite?? do you know what i mean ranting on now but hard to explain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now