Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any more ideas for things made from fleece please ?

(17 Posts)
bensmum3 Fri 11-Feb-05 20:49:43

Hi,
I've got my sights set on being a wahm, I've already had a few orders for dolls nappies,and I am making fleece hats, tried one dolly sling, any other ideas for something that would be needed that I could make with fleece as I love working with this fabric? Also where's the best place to start advertising, preferably for free ?thankyou

pixiefish Fri 11-Feb-05 20:51:21

what about cosy toes?

pixiefish Fri 11-Feb-05 20:51:36

you could sell them on ebay

AuntyQuated Fri 11-Feb-05 20:52:24

hot water bottel covers -personalised???
or hot water bottle shapes filled with wheat to go in microwave

dd and her doll had matching fleece hat and scarf set...grandma made them

paolosgirl Fri 11-Feb-05 20:54:07

Fleece jackets (with a 'something' extra that says 'you'); these lovely fleece hotties that you fill with herbs and stick in the micro; cushions (big floor ones and smaller ones)

KatieMac Fri 11-Feb-05 20:54:57

I've made some lovely curtains (don't laugh)
And bedding would be nice
Poncho's (sp)?

tamum Fri 11-Feb-05 20:55:32

There's a shop near us called Nippers and almost all their stuff is made from fleece. There are a few pictures here to give you an idea.

paolosgirl Fri 11-Feb-05 20:59:29

Nippers is great! Gordon Brown's son was kitted out in their gear when he left hospital

bensmum3 Fri 11-Feb-05 21:24:52

Wow, £10 for a fleece hat, can't wait till I'm as well known as nippers, the hat on their site is almost the same as the one i'm planning to sell for £4,50 a time. I could easily adapt my patterns to do matching dolls and childs hats and scarves. All my wares would need to be posted so cushions might be a bit heavy, thankyou for the idea though, please keep them coming !

Miaou Fri 11-Feb-05 21:29:24

bensmum3, you could always just make the cushion cover and get people to buy their own inners - there are lots of places where you can buy them in various sizes (thursday market in FW for one!!!) Or offer them for sale with or without inners

bensmum3 Sat 12-Feb-05 08:46:07

Now theres an idea, a little stall at the thursday market ? I'm working on some more nappies today, but will give the other ideas some thought. Thankyou all very much.

bobbybob Sun 13-Feb-05 02:23:35

nappy wraps.

bundle Sun 13-Feb-05 17:14:15

pram-sized blankets, finished with blanket stitch in contrasting colour and I've done names in one corner too (chainstitch)

Maisiemog Thu 03-Mar-05 02:31:16

Hi Bensmum3,
(have you ever spoken to the other 2 Bens' mums? )
I saw a pattern for a funny cute pair of fleece booties on a nappy making group on Yahoo. This is the link to the group
sew your own diapers.
It's in the files, but you have to join the group first. They're pretty much all Americans, but it's quite an informative group (if you're not already a member)
These booties were like two little pasties with a tie bit that went right around the ankle of the bootie and held it on.
If you can't find the files I could forward them on to you?

LizP Thu 03-Mar-05 19:16:50

what about toddler sleeping bags - my 2 have some with velcro side fastening, lined with cotton and with the flap bit shaped like animals.

Enid Thu 03-Mar-05 19:17:57

ooh I was going to cat you about dd2's bonnet

bensmum3 Thu 03-Mar-05 19:55:27

Wow, some great ideas here, I've just finished another couple of hats and put 2 more nappies in the post yesterday, I'am away tommorrow for the weekend, but will be hard at work from Tuesday trying out some of these ideas.
look forward to your CAT Enid.
Thankyou everybody.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now