Talk

Advanced search

Dutchoma is looking for someone to knit something for

(56 Posts)
DutchOma Wed 06-Aug-08 09:28:17

I am out of interesting projects. I still have a shawl to do, but would like to keep that for when we go on holiday next month.
So if anybody wants me to do something in the meantime, give me a shout.
Email address on my profile

theSuburbanDryad Wed 06-Aug-08 09:37:38

Will you knit Z some Tombliboos?

DutchOma Wed 06-Aug-08 17:44:56

Yes I will and I have ordered the pattern, but I would also like a project that is not so fidgety and needs only one sort of yarn.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 06-Aug-08 17:48:30

I have lots of yarn and patterns, but no time or energy for the actual knitting.

I would love a long length cardigan but the thought of it scares me beyond belief as it's years since I knitted anything bigger than baby stuff. If I supplied the yarn and pattern........?

DutchOma Wed 06-Aug-08 19:44:39

That sounds ok, might take a bit of time depending on ..erm how big you are, but if you supplied yarn and pattern and size etc, I would be quite happy to do that. If you e.mail me I can send you an address.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 06-Aug-08 20:06:40

grin

am a size 14-16!

I'll email you when I find a nice pattern smile

DutchOma Wed 06-Aug-08 21:20:56

Don't wait to long, or someone else will jump in the slot. grin

thisisyesterday Wed 06-Aug-08 21:24:07

If you ahve any baby/children patterns I am always up for some home-knitted stuff!
just let me know the cost.

PinkTulips Wed 06-Aug-08 21:28:39

i'm dutch but i have no oma to knit me things anymore sad

will you make my bump something?

mufti Wed 06-Aug-08 21:30:43

this Dutch Oma does an excellent job of walking and settling crying babies wink

giddykipper Wed 06-Aug-08 21:33:11

Oooh oooh oooh

Would you be interested in knitting this?

giddykipper Wed 06-Aug-08 21:33:55

I have one, DS won't sleep without it, I'm paranoid about it getting lost.

littleducks Wed 06-Aug-08 21:34:35

Are you serious, I would love you to makee me something, do you have any patterns for baby snuggle type things? I had one for when ds was born but was hoping to get one for this winter in a larger size.

My mil knits things for me which, are ok if i choose the wool but she is doesnt follow any patterns which makes it quite difficult for me (she just keeps holding the knitting against the baby to see if sleeves are long enough, tis quite funny).

what do you need me to supply and how does it work?

littleducks Wed 06-Aug-08 21:36:03

uh oh now i want an apple tree blanket off to try and find a pic/pattern of what i want

thisisyesterday Wed 06-Aug-08 21:44:22

OMG i love that blanket.

i wish I could knit.

can all you knitters start some kind of knitting shop for us?

mufti Wed 06-Aug-08 21:46:04

my mum knits lovely things but is very slow, she will measure ds , but sadly he has outgrown the last one by the time it was finished

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 06-Aug-08 21:46:52

If you still want something to do pink baby stuff would be great here! A cardi or something? Baby due Decemner,

understand if thats a bit boring though.

I just love knitted baby cardis!

Sidge Wed 06-Aug-08 21:51:42

You could make a blanket for Project Linus?

My daughter received a blanket when she was in ICU and loves it - 4 years later she still has it on her bed smile

littleducks Wed 06-Aug-08 22:16:10

Aha! after much trawling of the archives, i have found the thread describing the thing i have been coveting but the picture is gone....

I suppose i could now start stalking Mrs Badger

CarGirl Wed 06-Aug-08 22:18:32

My 5 year old would like a white girlie cardigan?

kikidee Wed 06-Aug-08 22:57:50

Littleducks, I have a pattern for the snuggle sack you're after, possibly not the same one but along the same lines, from the Erika Night Baby Bloom book. It's called the Pompom Papoose but is only 70cm in length as it's meant for a newborn I think. I can send it to you if you would like it?

DutchOma Thu 07-Aug-08 09:27:36

Oh my goodness, this has really taken off, don't know where to start now, this will keep me going for a year.
I quite fancy doing the appletree blanket and the girlie cardigan for Cargirl, if you e.mail me with a size, just round her chest I could start on that, that won't take long.
Do you want me to get the yarn for it?
It's quite funny, really, I'm very pleased with all your reactions.

DutchOma Thu 07-Aug-08 10:02:44

Having thought about it for a minute, I think the best thing is for you to email me (address on profile) and I will take things in an orderly fashion. What I'll need to know is whether you want me to get the yarn or whether you will send it to me.

If you want me to get it, can you give me an indication on whether you want cheap acrylic or any particular (ie Debbie Bliss etc) yarn, which obviously would be more expensive and for which I would like a deposit. That goes for the bigger projects too, like the apple tree blanket.
The more specific you are, the easier it is for me to get started.

Can't wait

myjobismum Thu 07-Aug-08 10:18:13

oh DO - you are a fab lady - boy am i glad i have my gorgeous little rompersuit all here and finished and put away safe for beanie - with the demand you're in right now he/she would be about 10 before you managed it judging by this list if i were to join now shock hope you have fun and things dont get too complicated smile

S xx

BTW ladies - this woman is wonderful and her knitting is fab grin

littleducks Thu 07-Aug-08 14:17:36

kikidee- does it have arms or is it a 'bag' design?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now