Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find a simple christening dress pattern to sew?

(6 Posts)
Gonkster Thu 31-Jul-08 22:08:33

My DD is nearly 9mths old and is being christened in mid September. I really want to make her dress myself as I want to attach the train that was on my wedding dress so it needs to be really really plain. I just want a simple, no fluffy, no pleats, no crazy hemming, plain plain pattern to follow. Simple bodice style top with sleeves (short or long)and a long plain slightly A-line skirt. It needs to be this plain as my sewing skills won't be up to any more!

Can anyone help? I've looked at McCalls and Butterick and they are all fairy tale type dresses and flouncy.

Thanks!

ranting Thu 31-Jul-08 22:10:36

Something like this. Cost you 6 quid for the pattern but maybe worth it.

ranting Thu 31-Jul-08 22:11:28

Ah bolleux, ships to the us only, hang on.

ranting Thu 31-Jul-08 22:18:20

Found this but it's vintage. They will ship to the UK though. (Assuming that you are in the UK)

Gonkster Fri 01-Aug-08 10:24:22

That last one looks fab. Thank you so much! Having not had much experience buying patterns I found it hard to navigate through the websites.

I know. Why am I trying to make a christening dress when I don't often sew by pattern! Well, I have a friend who can who says she can help me (and I'm keen to prove to MIL that I'm not completely useless!) wink

Thanks again!

ranting Fri 01-Aug-08 21:52:53

You'll be fine, much easier to pick up sewing by pattern when you've got someone to actually point out to you what you're doing. So rope in the friend (with the promise of nice biscuits) and have a go. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now