Talk

Advanced search

Artists - I am trying to get a fire bird drawing...

(14 Posts)
GentlyWorryTheAnimal Wed 30-Jul-08 23:34:33

Tis Flamesparrow here.

I want a tattoo (no comments of pros and cons of tatts needed).

Flamesparrow is a lot more than just an MN name, and I would quite like it on me, so a fire bird of some sort, but NOT a classic phoenix as it doesn't represent that.

I am more tribal liking than real image liking (does that make sense???)

Sooooo.... if any of you are bored and fancy trying to design one I would love you lots grin

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 30-Jul-08 23:37:21

I'll have a go, I've designed 4 tattoos now that people have got done

If you email me so I can get a better idea of what you want.

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 30-Jul-08 23:44:40

Few questions ...

Do you want it coloured?
If so do you want reds, oranges yellow ect?

What exactly do you mean by tribal? its a very wide term.

Can you find some pictures on google, not of what you wnat but just ideas, i can use them to draw up something original.

Where are you having it and what size are you looking at?

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 09:20:45

Ooh yay, erm, will do some image hunting etc a bit later when I have finished cleaning up the nail varnish (long story)

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 11:37:51

this was what i meant by tribal, but having done some more searching, something like this is good too - that is more flamesparrow-y.

Probably either hip or lower back (thinking lower back will withstand weight loss/gain better than hip)

DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 31-Jul-08 11:40:55

Ah I see, but you would want it in colour?

A mix of those two?

Is there any particular position you want the bird in? Any thing added, wording, stars etc like on the 2nd one?

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 11:44:47

Yup, a mix of those two. i think I would like colour yes (been watching far too much miami ink blush)

No preference for position, but I do like the idea of the stars, or possibly a couple of flames/sparks coming off for each child (so possible to add an extra one if needs be in future iyswim).

I'm all excited now. Have no money atm, but if I can get a design I can work towards the money aspect! grin

DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 31-Jul-08 12:23:35

Ace,

what Ill do is draw up some designs tonight and photograph them and email them to you.

if you like them then ill post you the originals, its easier for the tattooist to have them there.

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Thu 31-Jul-08 14:26:49

Ooh I love you!

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 01-Aug-08 18:02:00

Hiya,

Have done a few sketches and will do a more detailed one tonight,

DH can take the pics and send them to you tomorrow

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 19:12:09

Oooh fabulous Are you having fun?

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 01-Aug-08 19:37:53

Yea!

I went out and got new pencils blush

Been a while since I did something like this, made me realise how much i miss/love drawing!

GentlyWorryTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 20:00:09

I was hoping it would be a fun thing for someone rather than a chore Glad I could get you doing something you love again

Flamesparrow Sun 10-Aug-08 23:01:22

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now